Skip to content

Is SoD coming to iPad?

I'm not seeing it in the App Store. Also, when will BG:EE and BG2:EE for iPad get the update my PC versions did (addition of the shaman class, the ability to have more than one player made character in a single player game, etc)?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    According to tweets by Trent Oster they're working on getting the tablet builds ready but I presume they'll want to incorporate the upcoming patch v2.2 as it contains some major bug fixes and more choices for the players that players wanted to become optional (including scaling filter and black borders).
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited May 2016
    This is the tweet (via Bengoshi's "All you wanted to know..." thread):

Edit: Apparently I don't know the trick to embedding tweets...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GoatBoySteveGoatBoySteve Member Posts: 50

Patch 2.2 is out and looking good... I've tuned up all my mods and installed everything on SoD... I'm ready to transfer it to my iPad to play... but still no SoD on the iPad. :(

So are you saying I can take the update for the PC and put it on my iPad and it'll run?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GoatBoySteveGoatBoySteve Member Posts: 50
    I already jail broke my iPad, so I could copy and paste picture files into the portrait folder. -_-
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

Patch 2.2 is out and looking good... I've tuned up all my mods and installed everything on SoD... I'm ready to transfer it to my iPad to play... but still no SoD on the iPad. :(

So are you saying I can take the update for the PC and put it on my iPad and it'll run?
    No. You can mod the PC version, and if your iPad is jailbroken, you can then transfer the dialog.tlk file and the contents of the /override folder to the iPad, and then the iPad version of the game will have the benefit of all your mods.

But, but games need to be running the same version of the game for this to work. So I'd really really like to see the 2.2 update released for the iPad. Apparently Apple's App Store review process is quicker now, down to 1.95 days on average. So it's probably not Apple holding things up...

(On the other hand, if this delay involves Beamdog making the iPad game moddable using SoD-style .zip folders, without jailbreaking, then by all means take your time and get that done. That would be very exciting.)
    Hear, hear!
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

But, but games need to be running the same version of the game for this to work. So I'd really really like to see the 2.2 update released for the iPad. Apparently Apple's App Store review process is quicker now, down to 1.95 days on average. So it's probably not Apple holding things up...

People keep saying this like it has meaning. It actually still takes about a month to get approval, for anything of any decent size...like a game of the size of SoD. And if there's even the TINIest thing that Apple doesn't like, you're bumped to the back of the line.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited June 2016
  • dinindinin Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2016
    A separate content download to the external sd would be appreciated. I can not play on my android tablet because I have run out of internal space.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    I will raise this thread to ask if there are news on this?

Also, 4Gb for SoD only? Or including BG1?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @MacHurto

(from yesterday)

I think 4GB is for BGEE+SoD, as there's no standalone SoD game.
    edited June 2016

Weird, 'cause the OS X version of the game weighs in at 3.6 GB...
    Isn't the OS X version a separate SoD release? If the OS X release works like I think it does, then all SoD does on OS X is have a reference to all the files in BGEE, wherever you installed that. At least, if you installed it from Beamdog client.

The iPad/iPhone release has to be both BGEE + SoD.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    I have been holding off playing while I wait for this to hit the iPad, so I hope it's soon. I also hope I am not disappointed by the shaman, as wanting to try it is the only reason I can't start.
    Necrothreadmancy!

Any news regarding iOS release? I have seen some very pessimistic coments. Will it really never make it to mobile platforms? :-(
  • jk1989jkjk1989jk Member Posts: 8
    havent even heard any updates in awhile now i would assume it will be around xmas time atleast. just wish there was some indication of a time frame? i know a lot of people who want to play all 3 to get the full experience but are unable to on mobile devices. yes we know beamdog is a small team and there having issues but a few tweets would relieve a lot of impatience !
  • SithdreadnaughtSithdreadnaught Member Posts: 22
    I would like to know as well, how is port to Ipad coming along? Any new info, eta, anything? Please through us a bone Beamdog!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    This is a response to a question about BG2EE v2.x on the iPad... :disappointed:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/807209/#Comment_807209

Sadly, it will be a while before we can get the tablet versions updated. We don't have a hard timeline.

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    About getting SoD to work on iOS despite size issues.

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354

This is a response to a question about BG2EE v2.x on the iPad... :disappointed:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/807209/#Comment_807209

Sadly, it will be a while before we can get the tablet versions updated. We don't have a hard timeline.

Ooh, missed this one. Given the timeline for getting the existing Mac port into the Apple store has a hard timeline of "after the tablet ports", that is disappointing.

Almost as disappointing as the new MacBooks :(
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I will happily take this to an off-topic thread and rant away if you like ;)

Naturally, I have ordered one, but I'm hating it all the way to the bank!