Skip to content

Nature's Beauty lies in the Eye of the Beholder. Or does it?

2»

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited May 2016
    Matt Mercer is amaaaaaazing! Loved him as Leon in Rune Factory 4 and especially as Edér and Aloth in Pillars of Eternity :heart:
    I only saw the first episode of Critical Roll, but he is awesome in that as well.

What would I give to play DnD with him just once >.>
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited May 2016

Ahh, Matt Mercer is such a brilliant voice actor. His voice is half the reason Ryoma is my favorite character in Fates. I made a soundset out of his voice clips just because he's that awesome.

Share. NOW.

Edit: ...Please? :sweat_smile:
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    When I was younger my highlights included:

Jessica Alba in Dark Angel
    Kirsten Dunst in Spiderman
    Billie Piper in Secret Diaries of a Call Girl
    Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider
    Megan Fox in Transformers

Most of these women are older and soured by Hollywood but when I was young and naive they certainly stirred my loins.

These days I've found myself a petite brunette who epitomises womanly virtues in my eyes and makes me exceedingly happy.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028

-Tom Ellis as Lucifer. Ohhhh my, what can I even say? He's sexy, he's dark, he's got that make-your-heart-melt beautiful British voice, and despite the whole Lord of Hell schtick, he's super charming. He's not even that evil. He's vengeful to anyone who dares to hurt him or someone he cares about--and he does care, no matter how much he may try to convince you otherwise--but other than that, he doesn't do anything that bad. Just check out this clip:

It's a great show. I haven't been this in love with a tv show in a while. I highly recommend it. But anyway.
    Gods, you're making me want to find a way to re-watch that show again. There was just so much snark, it was great.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited May 2016
    Male

1. Angela Bassett, especially as Mace in Strange Days. When she came up out of the river, dripping wet, white tank-top, pump-action shotgun. Whoa...

2. Queen Latifah, gorgeous, regal, strong, multi-talented.

3. Kumi Koda, Japanese popstar, sexy, talented, and cool.

4. Patra, dancehall reggae and fitness video star.

5. Danielle Colby, antique store manager and burlesque dancer from American Pickers. Those tats...

I've always liked tall, strong women. If they can handle a gun, that's always a plus.

For fictional characters, Betty Rubble and Velma Dinkly will always have a place in my... heart... yes, let's say heart.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Oh, I got my fifth. Natalie Portman... yep. So many good roles (padme, v, leon, black Swan).

I like how people mention voices. I guess visual and audio is really important for first impressions.

Also, when I summon via call woodland beings, shouldn't all the male foes make a saving throw vs blindness? ;)
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    Male masculine dudebro here
    And no actors because I don't watch movies nowadays. Instead you get singers and shit.

In no particular order

Nili Hadida, from Lilly Wood and the Prick.
    Definitely Avi Kaplan from Pentatonix. To say that he's handsome is quite the understatement and then there's his voice =o. I'd give a few Morgan Freemans for a single Avi Kaplan, I tell you that.
    Jim Morrison

...damn, this is hard. I'll come back and add a couple later.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I'm bisexual/pansexual/whatever you wanna call my all-encompassing omnivorous attraction, so idk if my gender is partic relevant (but I'm a gender nihilist nonbinary trans person anyway lmao so male and female both don't fit me like a glove in the first place)

I think I'd give a different top 5 depending on the day, my mood, the position of the planets, the sleep I had the night before, etc, etc...but I'll give today's picks of IRL folks ;) :

- Jade Willoughby
    - Kawennáhere Devery Jacobs
    - Mya Taylor
    - Enikő Mihalik
    - Park Hyung Seok

Most of the fictional characters I find most appealing/attractive/sexy are supernatural or digital beings without bodies tho, which would have made for a weird top 5 list on a thread trying to suss out physical beauty.
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    edited May 2016
    lroumen said:

Nigella Lawson. Because of grace.

In my opinion, Nigella Lawson is the most beautiful woman in the whole wide world. :)

@Buttercheese, I forgot to explain why I chose my "top five"...

Virgil, because he's quite a human character; he's trying his best to make amends for his past, but realises that it won't be easy. Nevertheless, he never really gives up (assuming you take the good route with him). He's quite admirable, in that respect: the desire to be a good man. Also, goatee.

Thrall, Daelan, and Zaknafein are all strong, powerful men, who still retain their sense of humanity, despite what's thrown at them. Zaknafein, especially; he does his utmost to grind against the poisonous world of the dark elves, even if it means taking his frustrations out on rival matron mothers. Considering that you seem to like Thrall, too, I suspect much competition afoot! :p

As for Nalia...? Frankly, I blame the de'Arnise Romance mod. She's intelligent, persistent, noble, tough, passionate, and always well-intentioned. She's also the most believable of all the vanilla NPCs, as well, even more so than Valygar. Her smirk is cute, too.

Also, Zola Jesus has quite an eerie beauty about her person, I think. Almost like an ageless vampire. Step aside, Hexxat!

Post edited by Achterklad on
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Hmm...

- Simone Simons from Epica. The absolute epitome of a redhead knockout, as well as a great frontwoman for a great band.
    - Anna Kendrick, who needs no introduction.
    - Maryna Linchuk, who I was first introduced to in the music video for Waves, where she made a hell of an impression.
    - Natalie Imbruglia circa White Lilies Island. One of the first pop stars I got into, oddly enough.
    - Caitriona Balfe, though I forget what specifically I remember her from.
  • filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115

1) Oona Chaplin (Games of Thrones): She is just terrific!
    2) Sophie Turner (Games of Thrones): She's got her vengeance.
    3) A Friend of mine...