Skip to content

Announcing Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™

Comments

• WarlockedWarlocked Member Posts: 2
    So looking forward to seeking out all the new hidden bits and bobs that are going to come with the new edition! It will give me a good excuse to make sure i dont miss a single sidequest or hidden baddie just incase there is something new lurking about! :D Cant wait!!!!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited July 2012
    I was literally thinking just a couple weeks ago how I would like to see BG 2 redone with updated graphics. The artwork in the original is probably my all time favorite. This makes me so happy!
    @Data259

BGEE won't have updated graphics per se, the animations will remain mostly the same, while Overhaul will try and improve the resolution of the backgrounds.

• daveyddaveyd Member Posts: 1
    Has a specific release date been announced yet? I have read "Summer 2012" awhile ago but I'm wondering if it that is still accurate or if it might be pushed back...
  • XenonXenon Member Posts: 13
    Please, do your job well. I trust you guys.

Best Regards from a Baldur's Gate Fan from South Tyrol / Italy.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @daveyd

Still no specific release date. Recent twitters from Trent Oster say that they're still aiming for a Summer 2012 release, but its likely that it'll be sometime in September.
  • AcesHighAcesHigh Member Posts: 1
    A big thanks from a brazilian Baldurs Gate fan. The two original games (which I proudly still have the boxes) are two of my all time favorite PC games.
  • ahava_rabbohahava_rabboh Member Posts: 1
    Hi.

I just wanted to thank you Overhaul Games for making Baldru's Gate ED and for planning BG 3.
    I read on wiki that it is rumored that BG 3 would be settled in Waterdeep; I remeber when my friends
    and I were talking about where BG 3 could take place (that was maybe 6-7 years ago) and we always
    thought that Waterdeep would be so exciting! This is a dream come true, you don't even know how
    much joy and excitement you brought to fans around the world. And if you make A Planscape remake
    and a Planscape sequel, that would unbelievable!!

Greetings from Croatia.
  • TALISBETTERNUTALISBETTERNU Member Posts: 1
    IM LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!
  • Bogwraith4Bogwraith4 Member Posts: 1
    One my all time cross platform doesn't matter what games is Baldur's Gate 2. I cannot wait to see what this enhanced edition has in store, even if at least to provide me with another excuse to full clear the game again! :)
  • TroopsTroops Member Posts: 1
    Troops is looking forward to this.

Hail from Montenegro.
  • steff74steff74 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, Bavaria is also looking forward to this epic game !
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Italy is looking forward this.
  • irenicus1992irenicus1992 Member Posts: 12
    Poland is looking forward for this unbelievable event!!! A lot of people here grew up with this astonishing game. It's still alive in our souls! :P
  • hazardhazard Member Posts: 2
    I have really wanted to try out Baldur's Gate for a long time. I own the games but didn't get them until 2011 as a gift from my brother-in-law, but I could never get them to work stable on windows 7. I have high hopes for this edition however. Excitedly anticipating the release.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @hazard you won't be disappointed.

These games are truly great and seeing that this enhanced edition will allow people that have never played them to experience them for the first time is awesome.
  • snideciphersnidecipher Member Posts: 2
    Game life has become bearable since this was announced! Thank you! I am also of the mind that if you remake Planescape Torment and do a sequel, you will be gods among game developers!
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    The enhanced edition of BG + BG 2 is proably the game I am looking most foreward to in 2012. And the posibility to se both Icewind dale 1 + 2 and Planescape : Torment get the same treatment is just icing on the cake.

Cant wait to get my hands on the game!! :)
  • DacoDaco Member Posts: 1
    BG2 is one of the best RPGs ever made. I'm looking forward to replay it with the Enhanced Edition.
  • wx0891wx0891 Member Posts: 6
    I have played the BGI & BGII for more than 10 times since 1999. It is the best game than any other I have ever played. I just want to say if I can play BGEE NOW, I will forget Diablo III and WOW immediatly.
  • BalthazarBalthazar Member Posts: 1
    how much longer??? cant wait :)
  • luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
    sqweeee!!!
    When the game comes out, i will finally scream ''suck it Square-Enix fanboys''!
  • BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39
    Really? but FF7 is been re-released for PC with optimization for newer hardware & other misc stuff ;)
    http://www.finalfantasyviipc.com/
    While its not exactly the complete remake, it doesnt sount that much different from whats happening with BGEE

That said, i am so looking forward to BGEE!... i click the website almost every day to check for updates, seriously devs i demand more pictures, videos & info!
    Really? but FF7 is been re-released for PC with optimization for newer hardware & other misc stuff ;)
    http://www.finalfantasyviipc.com/
    While its not exactly the complete remake, it doesnt sount that much different from whats happening with BGEE

That said, i am so looking forward to BGEE!... i click the website almost every day to check for updates, seriously devs i demand more pictures, videos & info!
    DAMN IT! Why the keep ignoring FF6?
  • SantusSantus Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much. I can't wait! :)
  • dununfolettedununfolette Member Posts: 11
    Hurraaaay ! Thank you so much !
    I can't believe that my first and favorite game ever, THE GAME that made me buy my first computer is being republished !
    Thanks to the whole team working on this project !

... I'm now going to dance around for a while and try to be patient... \o/
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Hurraaaay ! Thank you so much !
    I can't believe that my first and favorite game ever, THE GAME that made me buy my first computer is being republished !
    Thanks to the whole team working on this project !

... I'm now going to dance around for a while and try to be patient... \o/
    @dununfolette

I belive most of us felt as you feel right now once we got the news! First I thought its a joke.. but its real! very real!

• dununfolettedununfolette Member Posts: 11
    @mch202
    Yeah, I almost felt from my chair, and now I'm going to happy dance and spread the greatest news ever around :)
This discussion has been closed.