Skip to content

Announcing Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™

Comments

• RhinjavarRhinjavar Member Posts: 23
    mch202 said:

Rhinjavar said:

mch202 said:

It belongs to a new NPC

How do you know that? Has it been confirmed somewhere?
    @Rhinjavar
    Well... PhillipDaigle said in June 19 at This thread "We are looking into additional portraits for the player character. I can't confirm that they will be in there, but we do have plans for them. "

So.. He said that they cant confirm that there will be any new portraits for Player Character, while he used the new avatar, we knew that there will be at least one new NPC at the time ( recently hinted that there will be more than one ), so you can do the math ;-)

Ah ha! That is exciting news! As if the cast of characters already present in the game were not enough, there will now be even more to meet and love! This project keeps getting better and better in my eyes. :)
  • thatoneguy314thatoneguy314 Member Posts: 1

iroonwood said:

Realese date ? :D I want to play it , like YESTERDAY :)

They need to take the time it takes to make it right! Im sure you dont mind waiting for 8 more months if that is what it takes! But I agree whit you, I want to play it like yesterday, but not untill it is completely finished, they MUST NOT rush this an realese an Beta/Ceta realese :-)
    Is your 8 month comment a guess? If it's supposed to be released on iPad this summer, is the computer release going to be much different?
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @thatoneguy314 He was just saying that he wouldn't mind waiting that long I think.

The release is set for "by the end of summer," which is September 21, and Trent has said that they plan to release all versions simultaneously, a week or so apart at most. So you can expect all editions to be released by September 21 (probably not much sooner, I'd guess within a week or two of the 21st).
  • adjadj Member Posts: 6
    Is there any news or something ? come on .... !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    It's Tuesday (in my timezone at least ;) where are our promised screenshots? ;0)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    @Space_hamster do you know the story about The Kid Who Cried Wolf???

p.s
    right now its 03:30 am in Canada, Edmonton....
    Post edited by mch202 on
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2012
    The wolf is coming the wolf is coming !!!! Not................. And then all the sheep dies... :P

Its 11.35 in Denmark.
    Post edited by lordkim on
  • YorleenYorleen Member Posts: 150
    Haha, didn't know how the story was called in English, I often refer to it - thanks @mch202 ! But I'm sure this time we'll finally get something, fingers crossed!
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    @TrentOster: Give us ye newe update! :D

@TrentOster: Give us ye newe update! :D

Its 08:15 am, let him drink his coffee!! ;-)
    coffee is for closers! ;)
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    @TrentOster You look just as impatient as the rest of us :)
  • corinthiancorinthian Member Posts: 1
    Woo, more fun countdown clocks!
  • SantusSantus Member Posts: 2
    32 and counting!
    Must....stop....reloading....
    30:46 an counting!
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    Damn am i the only one that enters every 15 minutes? and i dont even have facebook or other social goverment control tools. I live in israel,really hope it would have physical copy because i dont have Visa card. How much doesnt matter. I would pay as much as 100 dollars :l - at least when i will see some screens or videos like.
    ARGHHH COUNTING.
    Damn am i the only one that enters every 15 minutes? and i dont even have facebook or other social goverment control tools. I live in Israel,really hope it would have physical copy because i dont have Visa card. How much doesnt matter. I would pay as much as 100 dollars :l - at least when i will see some screens or videos like.
    ARGHHH COUNTING.
    It wont have a physical copy in the near future, so if you dont want to go to the Bank and ask for a Credit Card, your best solution is to ask someone you know to order it for you.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Isn't it possible for you to get a temporary card to use online? That's what I use for all of my online shopping.
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    Well if physical copy wont be available i will probably ask one of my friends, shame if it wont have physical copy then i will not be able to put the copy on the desk :P
    Is there going to be a Limitid edition with staff attached like hats or T? or special edition? or only one original copy? Lol sorry if it doesnt make senese i just know that more "costly" companies that pay a lot of money to promote thier product\satisfy fan.
    It was much discussed already, you can find more info here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/18592/#Comment_18592
  • SleetSleet Member Posts: 5
    I am ok with digital. :)
  • bEARbEAR Member Posts: 1
    We're doing something today. Might require a little more patience on your parts.
    As a guy, I can state publicly, and without fear, that my parts are extremely impatient.
  • aerandir_1979aerandir_1979 Member Posts: 1
    Awww....i would prefer disks and a nice cover to match with my old CDs....
    and i was kinda hoping BG would come on PC sooner, like real sooner then on the other platforms.
    I'm a sad panda :(
  • FillaFillasonFillaFillason Member Posts: 110

Awww....i would prefer disks and a nice cover to match with my old CDs....
    and i was kinda hoping BG would come on PC sooner, like real sooner then on the other platforms.
    I'm a sad panda :(

I can see the charm of having disks and hard cover, but that will make this project mutch more uncertain I would belive. Lets hope they get as mutch $ so they will have money to make something new! Not sure how mutch it cost to get good voice actors,good authors to story and npcs ( I ques that even "unknown" authors like Dave Gross cost money if doing a project like bg3) rights etc. Then it is the devel. witch are doctors?? I gues they will have to get some food at least when working,hehe. So a download only seems fine by me, i doesn't belive that selling it on disk would have gotten more sales, but adding risks i think.

I recomend reading the sembia series if you hasn't allready, started reading it to make up my mind about this Dave Gross, and he is actually very good to write I must say, though he could have learned a thing or two from Robert Jordan ;-P

• elysXelysX Member Posts: 21
    this is going to be very interesting, i remember laying BG with 4 cd an switching them when traveling to some place, ahhh nostalgia
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I've got the badge!
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I wonder if Angry Joe is going to review it when it comes out.
This discussion has been closed.