Skip to content

Announcing Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™

Comments

• bboyhoodbboyhood Member Posts: 11
    I was literally thinking just a couple weeks ago how I would like to see BG 2 redone with updated graphics. The artwork in the original is probably my all time favorite. This makes me so happy!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!
  • shadowtrollshadowtroll Member Posts: 2
    The term "Summer 2012" probably means "the week of Septemeber 20th 2012." Or at least it does with my luck; the team I've wanted to win the superbowl has lost every year i've watched but once. Also, as with many of you I eagerly await Baldur's Gate's return, I own 5 of the 9 games in the Baldur's Gate/Icewinddale series's (4 of 6 excluding expansions).
  • GhumbfinnGhumbfinn Member Posts: 5
    Can I buy it in a Box Version?
  • rutherfordrutherford Member Posts: 13
    So pumped for this! Still one of the best if not THE best RPGs ever!
  • ArkhanArkhan Member Posts: 1
    thank you guys! that was such a great news, i really hope this work can make this genre of games be popular again
  • FillaFillasonFillaFillason Member Posts: 110
    Any rumors on when we can expect baldurs gate to realese? But as others stated, take your time, we can wait 1 year more if that it what it takes!

I felt like 14 years old again when I heard that bg was beeing remade, if you need my money I will be happy to pay up front,as im sure as many other fans will
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Ghumbfinn

The last I've heard about it on TrentOster's twitter, negotiations for a boxed special edition are currently in limbo. So its better to not count on a boxed edition.
  • Xan51Xan51 Member Posts: 1
    OHHHH it will be so wonderful to play this enhanced version of the most wonderful game ever !!!!
    Can"t wait ....
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Tanthalas said:

@Ghumbfinn

The last I've heard about it on TrentOster's twitter, negotiations for a boxed special edition are currently in limbo. So its better to not count on a boxed edition.

So, no leather-bound Volo's Guide? Bummer.... ;(
  • MindRusTMindRusT Member Posts: 5
    I want it !!!
  • Xv0stXv0st Member Posts: 2
    Last finish BG1 was 6 month ago, can't wait to see remake.
  • TweetyLeafTweetyLeaf Member Posts: 2
    Waiting, waiting, waiting.... Hope you guys and girls are successful with this remake. Make the original crew who made the best game in the world proud.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Waiting, waiting, waiting.... Hope you guys and girls are successful with this remake. Make the original crew who made the best game in the world proud.

@TweetyLeaf Some of them *are* from the original crew ;-)

@Ghumbfinn

I Hope it comes a Boxed Version.....thx for Answer

Tanthalas said:

@Ghumbfinn

So, no leather-bound Volo's Guide? Bummer.... ;(

Hope dies at last.............;)...(sry for my terrible Englis ;)

• PaladinDavePaladinDave Member Posts: 1
    So excited best game ever, Irenicus best villain of all time - that voice, unbeatable!
  • Isildurs_BaneIsildurs_Bane Member Posts: 7
    Irenicus is voiced by the cop guy from Titanic
  • iroonwoodiroonwood Member Posts: 1
    Realese date ? :D I want to play it , like YESTERDAY :)
  • NerovNerov Member Posts: 1
    Everyone noticed new portrait in the background graphics on the main page?
    And i have started playing bg1 again, whit tutu and npc project. Warming up to the realese, playing as an evil char. waiting for playing the good side for the bg ee,hehe.

Any tips to witch mods I should use? I dont like to change it to mutch from vanilla game, but if it is "auhtor quality" of it, its a must,right? I read an interview whit 1 authro witch has written alot of books in the forgotten realms settings, a friend of Weis and Hickman i belive, sayed that bg THE best pc game he had ever layed his hands on. Witch are saying somehing about the quality of the game:-)
    iroonwood said:

They need to take the time it takes to make it right! Im sure you dont mind waiting for 8 more months if that is what it takes! But I agree whit you, I want to play it like yesterday, but not untill it is completely finished, they MUST NOT rush this an realese an Beta/Ceta realese :-)
  • wx0891wx0891 Member Posts: 6

iroonwood said:

They need to take the time it takes to make it right! Im sure you dont mind waiting for 8 more months if that is what it takes! But I agree whit you, I want to play it like yesterday, but not untill it is completely finished, they MUST NOT rush this an realese an Beta/Ceta realese :-)
    Yes, you are quite right. But we also need to know another example. Blizzard has made the Diablo3 within 12 years! What we got? A rubbish game. It totally destroy the Diablo series.
    edited July 2012
    Never was a fan of diablo anyways, so hasn't toutch diablo 2 or 3. And seeing who is working on this EE, im confident that they will make an awsome realse. I wish they could bring in Brandon Sanders as a writer though, that would have been awsome,hehe

And Michael Cramer as a voice actor
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    When I first saw the countdown for the site months ago, I was so stoked. Baldur's Gate is one of my favourite games series of all time! I really hope we can see a screenshot of the new version soon!
  • RhinjavarRhinjavar Member Posts: 23
    Nerov said:

Everyone noticed new portrait in the background graphics on the main page?

Ah! I did not see that before, but now I do! It's a rather foreboding portrait, isn't it? I wonder if it will belong to a new character, or if it will be a "free" portrait?
    edited July 2012
    It belongs to a new NPC
  • RhinjavarRhinjavar Member Posts: 23
    mch202 said:

It belongs to a new NPC

How do you know that? Has it been confirmed somewhere?
    edited July 2012
    Rhinjavar said:

mch202 said:

It belongs to a new NPC

How do you know that? Has it been confirmed somewhere?
    @Rhinjavar
    Well... PhillipDaigle said in June 19 at This thread "We are looking into additional portraits for the player character. I can't confirm that they will be in there, but we do have plans for them. "

So.. He said that they cant confirm that there will be any new portraits for Player Character, while he used the new avatar, we knew that there will be at least one new NPC at the time ( recently hinted that there will be more than one ), so you can do the math ;-)

Post edited by mch202 on
  • MEPH1ST0MEPH1ST0 Member Posts: 2
    Cant wait for this...
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    MEPH1ST0 said:

Cant wait for this...

You have to !! Like anybody else :P God dammit !!!!! :O)

This discussion has been closed.