A mod for BG:EE, BG:SoD, BG2:EE, EET and IWD:EE.
One of the more prominent features of the Shaman class is the Shamanic Dance. It allows the Shaman to call forth an endless supply of spirits to fight for their cause. However, in the original version the shaman is practically disabled while the dance is performed. This mod makes an attempt to improve this ability by allowing the Shaman to move at reduced speed while performing the dance.
The dance can be further improved by a number of optional components. More details can be found in the "Components" chapter below.
Available languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish
1. Improved Shamanic Dance (main component)
This component allows Shamans to move at reduced speed while performing the dance to give them more tactical options against opponents. To counteract this improvement somewhat, spirits won't listen to any shamans anymore but their own master.
It will also make the Shamanic Dance somewhat more robust. Cutscenes or save & reload operations won't automatically dismiss all the spirits, provided you reactivate the dance quickly enough.2. Expanded Shamanic Dance for high level characters (requires main component)
This component expands the Shamanic Dance by unlocking another tier of spirits at level 24 and enabling the spirits to protect the Shaman from normal weapons and low level spell effects while the dance is performed.3. Add spell "Shamanic Pact" (independent component)
This component adds the new level 6 spell "Shamanic Pact" to the Shaman's spellbook. It allows the Shaman to resurrect a target as a spirit after its death and control it for a limited amount of time.4. Apply Shamanic Dance improvements to Shaman kits (requires main component)
This component attempts to modify the Shamanic Dance of available Shaman kits to behave like the dance of the main class. It should be installed after all mods that are providing Shaman kits.
Since Shamanic Dance can be implemented in many different ways, it is not guaranteed that this component will always be successful.
The following Shaman kits are confirmed to be compatible:
- Witchlight Shaman (Will of the Wisps, by Lava Del'Vortel)
- Spiritwalker Shaman (by Ulb)
- Dreadful Witch (I hate Undead, by Raduziel)
More Shaman kits may be added to the list in future releases.5. Shaman-specific items (independent component, requires BG2:EE, EET or IWD:EE)
This component scatters several Shaman-specific items all over the region. The list includes items that were originally created for the "Siege of Dragonspear" expansion as well as several new items.
Available items for BG2:EE and EET:
- The Soulherder's Staff +2 (imported from SoD)
- Shroud of Souls (new item)
- Spirit Guide +4 (new item)
Available items for IWD:EE:
- The Soulherder's Staff +2 (imported from SoD)Updated Shaman class description:
- Circlet of Lost Souls (imported from SoD)
- Heart of the Mountain (imported from SoD)
- Shroud of Souls (new item)
- Spirit Guide +4 (new item)
SHAMAN:Spell description for "Shamanic Pact":
Shamans forge a divine connection with the natural world, similar to the way Druids commune with nature, but Shamans are more spiritual than primal. They directly tap into the energies that flow through the earth and air, through plants and animals, and even through the dead, and shape these energies to obey their will. Nowhere is this more evident than in their ability to summon powerful spirits as guardians and defenders. A being of two worlds, Shamans value balance over dominance.CLASS FEATURES:
- May only wear leather, studded leather, and hide armor.
- May not equip shields larger than bucklers.
- May only use the following weapons: dagger, club, spear, axe, quarterstaff, dart, sling, and shortbow.
- May only become Proficient (one slot) in any weapon class.
- May only become Proficient (one slot) in any fighting style.
- May cast druidic spells.
- Does not automatically learn all spells of a given level as Druids do. Instead, Shamans select new spells to learn at each level, which they can cast daily without memorization.
- Gains immediate access to a number of Shaman-specific spells, which can be cast like any other: Spirit Ward, Writhing Fog, Spiritual Clarity, Spirit Fire, Recall Spirit, Shamanic Pact, Spiritual Lock, and Ether Gate.
- Gains use of the Detect Illusion skill with 20% points as a base and an 4 points per level, up to a maximum of 100% at level 20.
- May use Shamanic Dance at will.
Shamans can summon spirit allies by performing a ritualistic dance. While dancing, the Shaman takes a -4 penalty to Armor Class, moves at reduced speed and cannot attack, cast spells, use items and special abilities, or perform any other activity. Each round while the Shaman dances, there is a 35% base chance plus 2% for each level of the Shaman that a spirit will answer the call, up to a maximum of 95% at level 30. Any summoned spirits will disappear if the Shaman stops dancing. The spirits grow in power as the Shaman gains additional levels:
- Level 1: Minor animal spirits (snake, fox, hound), up to 2 spirits at the same time.
- Level 6: Major animal spirits (bear, panther, boar), up to 3 spirits at the same time.
- Level 12: Minor nature spirits (lesser air spirit, lesser earth spirit, lesser fire spirit), up to 4 spirits at the same time.
- Level 18: Major nature spirits (air spirit, earth spirit, fire spirit), up to 5 spirits at the same time.
- Level 24: Grand nature spirits (greater air spirit, greater earth spirit, greater fire spirit), up to 6 spirits at the same time.
The type of the summoned spirit is randomly determined from all the spirits available at the Shaman's level. For example, a level 12 Shaman will summon either a minor nature spirit, a major animal spirit, or a minor animal spirit, but cannot choose which one appears. Spirits will do their best to protect the Shaman but are not controlled directly.
The Shaman will also be protected by spirits at level 24 and higher. The spirits grant the Shaman immunity to normal weapons and protection against all 1st- and 2nd-level spell effects (which includes adverse as well as beneficial spells).
- Does not gain bonus spells per day from high Wisdom.
- Alignment restricted to neutral good, true neutral, and neutral evil.
- May not dual-class or multi-class.
- Ineligible for any stronghold. (This affects only the Shadows of Amn campaign in Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.)
- Hit Die: d8
Range: 30 ft.
Duration: 2 rounds/level
Casting Time: 5
Area of Effect: 1 creature
Saving Throw: Neg.
This spell allows the caster to negotiate a contract with the target. If the target fails a Save vs. Spell (with a -4 penalty for matching moral alignments, -2 otherwise) it will be resurrected as a spirit version of its former self after death, as long as the body is not destroyed completely. The spirit can be controlled by the Shaman for two rounds per caster level. Afterwards it will permanently leave the world of the living. The negotiation process is very draining for the caster as it requires a direct connection with the spirit of the target. As a result there will be a 50 percent chance that spells cast in the next three rounds will fail, and strength as well as constitution will be halved for one turn, regardless of the outcome of the negotiation.
Spirits can't talk and won't be able to use any spells or special abilities from their former life. However, they will preserve their basic traits, such as primary stats or resistances. Spirits will attack with fists only. Attack power, accuracy and enchantment depend on the creature level. Undead, golems, summoned creatures as well as targets protected by Death Ward are not affected by the spell. The target's Magic Resistance, if any, does not affect this spell.
Except for the subcomponent "Add spell 'Shamanic Pact'" it is not required to start a new game for the mod to take effect.