Skip to content

The most fun way of screwing with enemies?

Post the most fun/evil/insidious tactic you have ever devised. I'll start:

- Have any number of characters with access to Project Image/Simulacrum and invisibility, and a Wizard Eye
- Put as many of those Illithid control collars as you can into their quick item slots, at least one for each char
- Find an enemy group
- Cast PI/Simulacrum with all of the collar-wielding characters, and then invisibility on the images
- Approach the enemy group with the invisible images, select the most promising victims, and have your projected characters put the collars on their respective targets all at the same time.
- Savor the result, intervene as desired
semiticgoddessbrusMontresor_SPTheGraveDiggersarevok57JuliusBorisovFlashburn

Comments

• JouniJouni Member Posts: 50
    1. Give the Cloak of Mirroring to a warrior with good saves and a few immunities.
    2. Face a high-level mage with party AI turned off.
    3. Watch as the mage starts with Time Stops and other high-level spells.
    4. Kill any summons if necessary.
    5. Wait until the mage has run out of spells.
    6. Kill the mage.
    Apart from casting Imprisonment, enemy mages can't really harm a well-protected warrior.
    Montresor_SPsarevok57
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Using mustard jelly form from sewers cloak during final battle with Irenicus. Just wobbling around him and "c'mon, magic me, magic me!".
    Also: 2xGreater Malision + Polymorph Other.
    jackjacksarevok57
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    sarevok57
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    edited June 2016
    Hey, @subtledoctor, I kindly encourage you to tell us some not-yawn-inducing stuff.
    ;)

EDIT: Combination I discovered just one: Blade Barrier + Sanctuary. Effective *and* insulting.
    sarevok57[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovArdul
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

(Half a point to @Arunsun for effort, and for almost having a theme (but not quite)... but it would have been better if you actually levied nine different kinds of destruction inside the timestop, to properly represent "unleashing the nine hells")

Edited so that it is ok, if you take popcorn, cookie and pancake as 3 kinds of destruction.
    Nimran
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I don't know much about breaking the AI, but there are some good ways to cheeeeese it:

1 - the fire giants in yaga-shura's enclave, get stuck, very VERY easily ( even when you first fight them in the forest map) so usually when I have a weak team ( most likely a team that is starting ToB fresh) I just lure the giants into choke hold points where they get stuck and then I just pull my pants down waving my willy at them making silly faces knowing they cant get me

2 - and if I feel like being really REALLY lazy on massacring baddies into oblivion ( especially if I have a party with 2+ mages) I will cast the wizard spell protection from fire on my melee chums, then send then into combat while the casters just unload firery hell on the baddies while my guys are just basking in the warm flames sent from the underworld, having a good time, sipping a margarita or some jargon like that, while they enjoy their relaxing tan of the flames, while the mages turn the baddies into charcoal, good times
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    3-4 webs or entangles and send someone with free action to "clean up".
    [Deleted User]
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    My favorite "mess with" is like the OP, not so intricate, but charming half a team to to kill their friends and then eachother is a great mind frack. If I wasn't such an XP whore, I'd probably leave the last man standing to live with his guilt.

Sometimes I like to stand around an enemy with a hold spell after all his comrades are dead. One satisfying time, i did this to Dilos(?), the leader of the BGI cloakwood mines bounty hunters. The dialogue is something like

Charname: "Kill the mouthy one, thats what I always say."
    Dilos: "Ha, I think I'll have your skull say that as a puppet. etc"

Then I have charname remind him about what he just said as he's standing there helpless.

One time while standing around deciding what nasty thing to do with a frozen opponent, i just ended up having Imoen disarm her weapons and slap the foe around a little bit.
    sarevok57jackjack[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited June 2016
    F/M/T + Mislead + GWW + Backstab

In my latest playthrough of SoA, I met Baron Ployer, when I finally had won the battle, I stunned him with Hold person, and let Jaheira beat him slowly to death with her bare hand and a non-magical quaterstaff ( Mostly for RP reasons)
    jackjackMontresor_SPsemiticgoddess
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Not very imaginative but effective...
    Miscast magic on cleric or druid.
    Ray of enfeeblement on melee warrior.
    Otilukes resilient sphere on archer.
    Stone to flesh or polymorph other on thief.
    Chaos on mages or eenfeeblement if stripped a bit.
    jackjack
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I once made the Planar Prison warden kill himself on Keldorn using his sword's backlash effect with a Protection from Magic scroll. Couldn't find any other way of dealing with him with the garbage party I had but it was almost worth losing about 20 potions of extra healing just for the hilarity.
    mf2112
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Playing "spiderman" toss out a few web spells (2 is okay but 3 or 4 is really nice - works best if you have a sorcerer with you or 2 mages - 4 webs will even stop drows who mainly shrug off web spells with their MR plus you get the bonus of it being a bit ironic as they are trapped by webs) and then summoned a few spiders so that they could have lunch.

I sometimes drench an area with grease, stink cloud, entangle and web spells just to watch the monster try to get through it all to reach me - throw in a greater malison and they really slow down a lot.

• amikaamika Member Posts: 34
    i named my protagonist "daddy"
    mf2112RelSundanNimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I once named my protag Cookie. Everybody in the game wanted that :cookie:, but it would never be eaten so easily!
    RelSundanMontresor_SPamika