Skip to content

New BG2EE patch better than SCS?

When SOD came out together with the new BG patch, contrary to what people usually do, I took a break from my BG2EE game as I know whenever there is a new major patch there will invariably be lots of bugs and stuff.

Now that im back after my hiatus, I was wondering how do you guys find the new patch? Is it better or funner than the SCS mod? Should I reinstall SCS again? After playing the SCS mod from BG1 to BG2, I can't bring myself to play against the simple-minded AI in vanilla BG.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    I don't think the 2.0/2.1/2.2 and now 2.3 beta patch brought major changes to the game's AI. In the same time, SCS works just fine on it if you use the hotfix.

If you mean the LoB difficulty, then it doesn't change AI of enemies but buff them. You can read about details in this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54970/honest-discussion-about-legacy-of-bhaal

BTW, the game is stable now, with the majority of stuff introduced by the 2.0 changes now working as intended.
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    @JuliusBorisov thanks for the info! Is there a new SCS patch though for the new BG patch?
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    johntyl said:

@JuliusBorisov thanks for the info! Is there a new SCS patch though for the new BG patch?

Get SCS from Gibberlings, then apply that patch. Works great.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    jtth said:

johntyl said:

Get SCS from Gibberlings, then apply that patch. Works great.
    Just to clear things - @jtth meant "hotfix", not patch. First install the official patch, then use the hotfix, and the install SCS options you want. @johntyl There's no new version of SCS. The hotfix make the latest SCS version 2.0/2.1/2.2/2.3 compatible.