Skip to content

This sad sad sad feeling...

... when suddently you have a problem on your device and lose all your saved games, including a playthrough you hoped to resume someday (if some players followed my "Perfect plans and wild magic", sorry guys) and the one you just started, as well as multiple high-level savse you used to make test about the game

I don't know how many unlucky players happened to have feeling it, but it just happened at me, and it sucks.

When playing you never thought about how valuable your saves can be, and never think about making a backup of them, but really guys: if you don't, you should.
I know I will from now...

Hopefuly I had finished to write the Children of Fire playthrough before... but I'm sad to not have the saves of this little party of pyromaniac freaks anymore neverless
SkatanJuliusBorisovlolienNonnahswriterjackjackAerakar

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    This is why you should make backups regularly. Once a month is my rule.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Device? I take it this save is not on your computer? Otherwise you could do a system reset, might work.
  • MoonheartMoonheart Member Posts: 520
    I play on Android
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I'm with you, @Moonheart! It's so painful...

But you're always full of ideas, maybe you'll find new approaches and start playing anew.
    RelSundan
    I'm seeking actively a new Playthrought to write... I think the game is funnier when you share it
    jackjack
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    That's very frustrating, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know how Android saves work and whether you can transfer saves from a computer to it. If so, could you EE Keeper some PC saves to get back to where you left off and transfer them to your Android?
    Nothing relevant, the only time I use EEKeeper was to see how the game was dealing with multiple romances... this means the only save I transfered on my PC where save from the chapter 2
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    Always have backups, back up every day (or hour), to multiple places.
    Never thought to need to backup my tablet. Never had anything important to me on a mobile device easily lost, broken or stolen... until my BG2 saves
    Nah, I don't copy my personnal data on the net. Never.
    Mmm, true enough
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Arunsun said:

I'm not sure there is anything too personal in a BG2 save. Well, except if you use the "write entry" function of the journal to stock your bank card codes.

I lol'd.
    lolien
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

I'm with you, @Moonheart! It's so painful...

But you're always full of ideas, maybe you'll find new approaches and start playing anew.

Or he should get all vengeful and steal somebody's divine soul.
    Only after I turned my sister into a vampire, @DJKajuru !
    DJKajurujackjack