Skip to content

How on earth do I kill this thing??

I'm fighting a certain rakshasa at a certain location.

It's immune to absolutely everything I have.

Everywhere I've looked online people say just use magical weapons to kill it of which I have +3 on three characters, but it casts protection from magical weapons....?

How would I go about killing this thing? My party is around level 10 if that helps.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Protection from Magical Weapons lasts for a meager 4 rounds (24 seconds in real time). Be patient, wait it out, maybe stall with some summoned creatures or a solid tank for a bit. Once the spell wears off you can rush it down with everything you've got.
    joluvSil3nthuntermf2112JuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also remember that rakshasas are immune to spells of 5th level and lower, so if you are a low level, maybe try and summon some monsters/animals to soak up the rakshasa's spells until its protection from weapons runs out and then go in for the kill
    Sil3nthunter
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited June 2016
    If something casts protection from magical weapons on itself - just don't use magical weapons on it. Since most characters have additional slots it's always wise to carry a basic version of whatever you're best at using for such occasions. It's also a fairly cheap solution ;) It's also wise to always carry (in the party) every damage type in case you run into stuff that's immune to different damage types.

There are also an array of spells you can cast that will either dispel or break such protections if the dice favor you.
    sarevok57Sil3nthunterJuliusBorisov
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Gallenger said:

If something casts protection from magical weapons on itself - just don't use magical weapons on it. Since most characters have additional slots it's always wise to carry a basic version of whatever you're best at using for such occasions.

Aren't rakshasas immune to normal weapons?
    joluvSil3nthunterThacoBellGallowglass
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited June 2016

Gallenger said:

If something casts protection from magical weapons on itself - just don't use magical weapons on it. Since most characters have additional slots it's always wise to carry a basic version of whatever you're best at using for such occasions.

Aren't rakshasas immune to normal weapons?
    Yes, and also to spells below level 8, so neither Breach nor Dispel Magic will work.

Edit: Or maybe below level 6, like @sarevok57 said? Now I'm not sure.
    Sil3nthunter
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I'm pretty sure it's lvl 8. I was mainly talking about dealing with prot from magical weapons just in general since you're likely to encounter it fairly regularly when fighting spell caster-types.
    joluvSil3nthunter
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I understand. I hate rakasha!!!!

Summons are a good idea until it's spell wears off. Or you can web it or grease it and shoot it from afar. Problem is, you will probably have some of your party members die until you get a little stronger.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I know that breach doesn't work on rakshasas but I know abidalzim's horrid wilting does, im still going to go with that you need level 6 spells or higher to affect them ( kind of ironic on how they cast globe of invulnerability on themselves when they don't need it)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    sarevok57 said:

I know that breach doesn't work on rakshasas but I know abidalzim's horrid wilting does, im still going to go with that you need level 6 spells or higher to affect them ( kind of ironic on how they cast globe of invulnerability on themselves when they don't need it)

Lvl 6-7 spells won't touch them either. 8th lvl is where magic starts to affect them.
    sarevok57