Skip to content

Hey Everybody!

Hey, I've recently gotten back into Baldur's Gate from buying the enhanced edition on the steam summer sale. The first time I played these games so many years ago I never got past the Neshkel Mines because I was just a kid and I just wanted to kill monsters and get loot, so I was way to weak when I entered the mines and gave up.

But going back to it now, I am having a ton of fun. I'm clearing the cloakwood mines as a Shadow Dancer right now just popping in and out of stealth and backstabbing everything and everyone. I am also loving the new characters which is why I am running both Neera and Rasaad in my good aligned party.

I've been reading that Rasaad is weak acording to some people on the forums, but I am just not seeing it, he is just wrecking face in my party, specially if I activate the Flaming Fists skill.

So yeah, I am having fun and planning on taking my character through the whole saga, except for Dragonspear, since I don't own that yet, but that will come in another playthrough I guess. Speaking of which, how much am I missing by not having Dragonspear?
lolienJuliusBorisovsparkleavMontresor_SPmf2112joluv

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Welcome!

Speaking of which, how much am I missing by not having Dragonspear?

Sadly right as much as I :'(
    JuliusBorisovmf2112
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    Welcome to the community, have fun!
    lolienJuliusBorisovmf2112
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited July 2016
    @TotalBagger Welcome to the Forums and have Fun! :)

I actually liked Siege of Dragonspear. As any game it has good parts and bad parts but it's quite fun.

I wouldn't mind that much when someone says character x is weak or useless. It all depends on your play style and the important part is to have fun anyway :)
    JuliusBorisovsparkleavlolienmf2112
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    welcome!

there's not alot of content in SoD and it's pretty linear, but there are new characters to meet and have fun playing with. a good story line which ties bg and bg2 together.

all in all, i had alot of fun playing SoD. it only costs 20 dollars and is well worth it in my humble opinion.
    sparkleavlolienmf2112
  • TotalBaggerTotalBagger Member Posts: 4
    Crap, I formatted my PC thinking I had cloud saves turned on while playing Baldur's Gate, but apparently not... So I just lost 20 hours of gameplay to me being a clumsy idiot.

But it's still a good game, so I decided to restart and play a paladin this time, or a cavalier to be specific.
    mf2112lolienJuliusBorisov
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Welcome to the forums!
    lolienJuliusBorisovsparkleav
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Well met fellow Darkest Dungeon fan.
    JuliusBorisovmf2112
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Welcome! Have a :cookie:!
    mf2112lolien