Skip to content

'Included' Mods

Okay, so it recently came to my attention that Erephine's 1PP is being included in BG:EE (I missed this, somehow). According to the Reddit AMA the NPC Project and Unfinished Business are not being included due to them not being able to acquire the authors' permission, but will hopefully be easy to mod in.

So, I was wondering, does anyone here know exactly which fan-mods are being included in BG:EE by default?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I think that NPC project or unfinished business were not necessarily going to be included anyway. I think it was just a case of - well we can't contact the authors to get permission so there is no chance of including these mods.
    If they could contact the authors, I don't know if either would end up actually being included.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    Somewhere on the spellhold studios site it says that the work so far completed on the return to windspear mod has been signed over to beamdog. Deson't mean they'll use it though
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    That would be BG2, no? I smell DLC. =P
    Good point it is BG2, anyway its the second post from end:

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/4016-progress-report/page__st__320

I don't mind if it's DLC it looks like there was a lot of work went into it and it would be nice to see something released
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited October 2012
    Item and Spell Revisions would be amazing ... but unlikely. I honestly don't know if I could play without them ...
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Most mods, particularly including BG1 NPC and UB would need some changes to be compatible with BGEE. So I don't think it is just a matter of getting author permission.
  • whitewolfwhitewolf Member Posts: 12
    I really hope that they make the changes it will be a real shame not to be able the have it. I really loved the characterization they gave the NPC's. I replay games and reread books due to falling in love with the characters so I'm not sure if I can play without the NPC project now.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Yeah, @cmorgan should really get his butt in gear on compatibiity. :D Though it wasn't his mod originally (it was the work of many people). I'm sure someone will say the same thing to me for Level 1 NPCs and I'll be like "Wha...? When did I inherit this beast?"
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    edited October 2012
    So far, the following are being implemented in one way or another:

-Every fix pack in existence
    -1PP
    -Tobex
    -BG TuTu / BGT

Saves me time from searching, downloading and installing at least four mods.
    Post edited by Heinrich on
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @Heinrich: Ah, excellent, thank you!
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Heinrich said:

So far, the following are being implemented:

-1PP
    -Tobex
    -BG TuTu / BGT

Source please, if you wouldn't mind?

ryuken87 said:

Heinrich said:

So far, the following are being implemented
    -1PP
    -Tobex
    -BG TuTu / BGT

Just check out the fixed forum all they're listed out individually
    edited October 2012
    James said:

ryuken87 said:

Heinrich said:

-1PP
    -Tobex
    -BG TuTu / BGT

In that case is there an advanced search function on this forum, I can't seem to find it and would rather not trawl through 267 threads.

From what I can see, as I thought, there is no Tutu or BGT included, it's in the BG2 engine anyway. So as per the original poster's question, does anyone here know exactly which fan-mods are being included in BG:EE by default? Or could you link to a source with a compiled list if one exists please?

EDIT: Found the Fixed Forum Compiled Lists threads, is this the exent of the modded content being included?
    Post edited by ryuken87 on
    ryuken87 said:

James said:

ryuken87 said:

Heinrich said:

-1PP
    -Tobex
    -BG TuTu / BGT

In that case is there an advanced search function on this forum, I can't seem to find it and would rather not trawl through 267 threads.

From what I can see, as I thought, there is no Tutu or BGT included, it's in the BG2 engine anyway. So as per the original poster's question, does anyone here know exactly which fan-mods are being included in BG:EE by default? Or could you link to a source with a compiled list if one exists please?

EDIT: Found the Fixed Forum Compiled Lists threads, is this the exent of the modded content being included?
    As far as we know as well as 1PP , certainly there are no content mods, is there one in particular you were wondering about, because a lot have been ruled out?

No, it's just that information regarding the game is not in a centralised place. It's also hard to tell who on the forums is an employee and who is an 'official volunteer' who is working on the game (i.e. the source of any information).
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Heinrich said:

-1PP
    -Tobex
    -BG TuTu / BGT

For clarifying, although BG:EE uses the BG2 engine(sort of), like TuTu or BGT, it has nothing to do with them, these mods are not in BG:EE. They are of course, redundant now.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I wouldn't say BGT is redundant until we are sure BG2 EE will integrate into a BG1 EE installation. If it doesn't, I'll gladly use BGT EE when it comes out...
    True, what i meant, and phrased it poorly, was that BGT is not integrated itself in BG:EE, they didn't use the mod to do what they did.

I'm pretty sure the devs said some time ago that they intended to "fix" the two games together once BG2:EE is out, but that was a long time ago, and i can't remember exactly. It's gonna be easy though, since it's the same engine and all.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    So will mods for the iPad be free in-game downloads???
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It's unkown if the IPad version will even be moddable...
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Mornmagor said:

Heinrich said:

-1PP
    -Tobex
    -BG TuTu / BGT

For clarifying, although BG:EE uses the BG2 engine(sort of), like TuTu or BGT, it has nothing to do with them, these mods are not in BG:EE. They are of course, redundant now.
    Yes, I should've been more clear on the BGT/TUTU part. Like you said, it basically makes the BGT/TUTU obsolete due to their functions being implemented.

Also, a list of features that include 1PP, TobEx and bug fixes, if you still need:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2041/bgee-please-read-list-of-things-that-have-been-announced/p1
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited October 2012
    mlnevese said:

I wouldn't say BGT is redundant until we are sure BG2 EE will integrate into a BG1 EE installation. If it doesn't, I'll gladly use BGT EE when it comes out...

• GeldridgeGeldridge Member Posts: 21
    /quote/

The Overhaul team is working with Ascension64, author of the mods Throne of Bhaal Extender (ToBEx) and Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT) to improve the engine and bring over all the major fixes from those packages.
    BGT puts BG1 and 2 together, it could not be integrated into BG:EE even if they wanted to. Fixes are, as said in the post above.

In the end, BGT uses the BG2 engine for BG1, BG:EE has a different engine, and one that will make modding much much easier :p
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    @Quartz

I think what @mlnevese is saying is he would like to play BG:EE and BG2:EE as one product, rather than two. Even though BGT plays BG in the BG2 engine, the primary focus of that mod is that it integrates two products into one.

I think you can say Tutu is more similar to what they are doing with BG:EE than what BGT is.

@Eudaemonium

Unfinished Business cannot be integrated because it modifies existing game content, which legally they cannot do. They can however fix bugs, which many other mods fix. Many fixes from the mods are being fixed in the actual game source too, so the fixes are superior than what any mod can do.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited October 2012
    I won't even bet on Tutu becoming obsolete. What Tutu will be able to do, and for BGEE it's still an open question, is incorporate orphaned mods that were once created for Tutu, but who's author has long quited the modding scene and no-one picked up maintenance for it.

For those mods that are compatible with Tutu, but turn out to be incombatible with BGEE and if no one takes care of them, for the player it will be a choice between either a campaign with those mods or a campaign with the new enhancements.

I find it not unlikely, among the many campaigns I usually play in parallel, there will be Tutu as well as BGEE campaigns, creating an old-style campaign if I want to play orphaned content.

*edit: picked the wrong word out of my inner english dictionary
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Son_of_Imoen Blast you and your cynical comments. One of the biggest things I am looking forward to for BG:EE is finally being on the same actual game as everyone else. I totally understand what you're saying, and I think you have entirely legitimate points, but I really would've preferred if people had kept their bloody mouths shut about such a possibility. It's just so much more respectful to Overhaul to not say such things ... And I know you meant no disrespect but come on, in their place would you enjoy reading the post you just made? Probably not.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    When you take the ToB code, remove and replace thousands of lines of code, rip off the UI and stick on a new one, how does anyone think that mods like BGT would even be relevant?

The idea of combining BG:EE and BG2:EE into one product, because they use the same engine, is something interesting to talk about. They won't be doing it with BGT though unless that mod is completely rewrote for BG:EE.

BG:EE is not BGT or Tutu in any shape or form.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Related to the first post:

Does Beamdog need permission to add Unfinshed business? It's a mod specific made to fill the hollow points left by the premature launch of Baldur's Gate, the intent of unfinshed business is to work a content that was already there but was never finished. So i doubt they can claim that as their copyright material, there's no intelectual creation there at all (and even if there is, BG EE could simply make his own version of unfinshed business that could be utterly different from the mod and would not be unfinshed by the way).

Ask permission to fill the hollow spaces of the original game because a mod tried to fix it is like ask permission to Biggs for make screen enhancements just because he make an Biggs widescreen mod on the past, completly unnecessary.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    kamuizin said:

the intent of unfinshed business is to work a content that was already there but was never finished.

It's not just that. Yes, some of it's content is stuff that was already there in the code, but all the rest is material created by the modders based on guesswork or what they felt should be more fleshed out (for example, the "mysterious vial" or Kagain's sidequest).