Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been announced! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to pre-order, apply for the Head Start and check for details. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Any way or mod to remove/prevent the "fallen" mechanic?

I am having some trouble playing a ranger in a party of mixed alignments. I picked up dorn and Viconia fairly early and my rep certainly suffered for it (landed at 8). Then in a fight one of them got rigid thinking cast on them and attacked and killed a civilian. Rep down to 4 and my ranger is fallen. First of all is there a fix for this in BG1? I know of EEkeeper and even tried it but removing the fallen status doesn't seem to actually remove its effects, just the text on the character sheet. I suspect there are many more variables to change in EEkeeper that I don't know about.

So my main question then would be this: Is there a mod that removes the whole "fallen" concept from the game? It is very annoying having to constantly be on the precipice like this. T_T

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,193
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,109
    edited July 2016
    With the somewhat new ability to launch scripting actions in-game using the console, you could, for example, use this line instead of being required to compile a custom script:

C:Eval('RegainPaladinHood()')
    Rahal said:

So my main question then would be this: Is there a mod that removes the whole "fallen" concept from the game? It is very annoying having to constantly be on the precipice like this. T_T

So far as removing the concept: no, it's hardcoded. :-)

However, the 2DA files used to assign Fallen abilities are CLABPA05 and CLABRN05 for Paladin and Ranger respectively. If you know you only play as a base class paladin or ranger, you can replace both of those 2DA tables with their respective tables, but if you ever decide to play a different kit you'll have to switch around the tables again. You could also edit the StrRef for the 'Fallen' status in the CLASTEXT.2DA file for "FALLEN_PALADIN" and "FALLEN_RANGER".

lolien
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,028
    Apparently you can prevent a class or kit from falling if you add it to the file "FALLEN.2DA". It's already been used for Blackguards. Adding the following lines should prevent rangers from falling:
    RANGER 0 FERALAN 0 STALKER 0 BEASTMASTER 0
    And the lines for paladins:
    PALADIN 0 CAVALIER 0 INQUISITOR 0 UNDEADHUNTER 0

lolienRaduziel
  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 7,988
    Just a little self-promotion: recent builds of the upcoming* Faiths and Powers mod have added about 15 new ranger kits, and several of them allow for evil rangers who do not fall. It's gonna be awesome.

Yes, it is still upcoming. I know I've been saying that for a while but it's still true - this is not vaporware. It currently has:
    - a completed sphere system,
    - a dynamic system to choose your kit/deity by dialogue, which can scale to encompass kits added by other mods
    - a bunch of new cleric kits
    - a bunch of new druid kits
    - a bunch of new ranger kits
    - a bunch of divine multiclass kits
    - revised weapon usability for divine classes

The 2.0/SoD update was a bump in the road that added more work for us, because we have converted our simulated multiclass kits into real multiclass kits, and we are now adding a boatload of shaman kits. We're also adding the IWDEE druid spells and a bunch of new paladin kits, and then we release! Seriously - we are close.

FinneousPJlolienelminster
  • EggHuevoEggHuevo Member Posts: 62
    argent77 said:

Apparently you can prevent a class or kit from falling if you add it to the file "FALLEN.2DA". It's already been used for Blackguards. Adding the following lines should prevent rangers from falling:
    RANGER 0 FERALAN 0 STALKER 0 BEASTMASTER 0
    And the lines for paladins:
    PALADIN 0 CAVALIER 0 INQUISITOR 0 UNDEADHUNTER 0

I can't find this .2da anywhere. Any tips? I'd really like to play an evil cavalier.

• ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 375
    Well, you can create it yourself =P All there is in the file originally is:

2DA V1.0 1 FALLEN BLACKGUARD 0

Then add lines for kits you want and save as fallen.2da in Override =D

• EggHuevoEggHuevo Member Posts: 62
    I found a workaround :smiley:
    Using EEKeeper, I changed my level 1 Cavalier into a Blackguard. Retained all my abilities (lay on hands, resistances, etc) which I don't lose when my reputation drops, even to 1. I also don't get any of the BG abilities, except poison weapon when I reach the required level. I just don't use it, and it's like having an evil cavalier. I suppose I could even remove that ability with EEKeeper, too.

Shikao
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 3,793
    Its hilarious how many players are surprised that there are consequences to their actions in these games. I don't mean that in a derogatory way either, modern games just don't do that.

tbone1Dev6MortiannaProont
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,332
    ThacoBell said:

Its hilarious how many players are surprised that there are consequences to their actions in these games. I don't mean that in a derogatory way either, modern games just don't do that.

Facing consequences for my actions? That's not fair! - my teenage sons' friend's reason for not liking BG. (Can't tell he grew up in this suburb, nope, not at all. Pure coincidence. Don't know why I even brought him up.)

ThacoBellMortiannaProont
  • Luke93Luke93 Member Posts: 521
    edited October 22
    So, is there a way to remove the fallen status with the in-game console?
    I fear I bumped into a bug: Entillis Fulsom (Baldur's Gate Docks) attacked me, (despite having heroic reputation; moreover, Jaheira and Khalid were in my party, so he wasn't supposed to attack me!) my reputation dropped and I gained the "Fallen Ranger" status...

• RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 423
    Use EEkeeper or NearInfinity to remove the fallen status.

edited October 24
    Redrake said:

Use EEkeeper or NearInfinity to remove the fallen status.

@Troodon80 What can you tell me about this?
    C: EVAL('RegainRangerHood()')

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 7,988
    edited October 25
    EDIT - repeated myself, duh. Sorry. Didn't realize this was a necro thread.

Post edited by subtledoctor on
    ThacoBell
    edited October 25
    @subtledoctor I am just interested in removing the "fallen" status, so: will the previous command perform the trick? Or am I forced to use EEkeeper or NearInfinity?