Skip to content

Any way or mod to remove/prevent the "fallen" mechanic?

I am having some trouble playing a ranger in a party of mixed alignments. I picked up dorn and Viconia fairly early and my rep certainly suffered for it (landed at 8). Then in a fight one of them got rigid thinking cast on them and attacked and killed a civilian. Rep down to 4 and my ranger is fallen. First of all is there a fix for this in BG1? I know of EEkeeper and even tried it but removing the fallen status doesn't seem to actually remove its effects, just the text on the character sheet. I suspect there are many more variables to change in EEkeeper that I don't know about.

So my main question then would be this: Is there a mod that removes the whole "fallen" concept from the game? It is very annoying having to constantly be on the precipice like this. T_T

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I did't used it, but here is a possible solution: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/10856/recovering-fallen-paladinranger
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited July 2016
    With the somewhat new ability to launch scripting actions in-game using the console, you could, for example, use this line instead of being required to compile a custom script:

C:Eval('RegainPaladinHood()')
    Rahal said:

So my main question then would be this: Is there a mod that removes the whole "fallen" concept from the game? It is very annoying having to constantly be on the precipice like this. T_T

So far as removing the concept: no, it's hardcoded. :-)

However, the 2DA files used to assign Fallen abilities are CLABPA05 and CLABRN05 for Paladin and Ranger respectively. If you know you only play as a base class paladin or ranger, you can replace both of those 2DA tables with their respective tables, but if you ever decide to play a different kit you'll have to switch around the tables again. You could also edit the StrRef for the 'Fallen' status in the CLASTEXT.2DA file for "FALLEN_PALADIN" and "FALLEN_RANGER".
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Apparently you can prevent a class or kit from falling if you add it to the file "FALLEN.2DA". It's already been used for Blackguards. Adding the following lines should prevent rangers from falling:
    RANGER 0 FERALAN 0 STALKER 0 BEASTMASTER 0
    And the lines for paladins:
    PALADIN 0 CAVALIER 0 INQUISITOR 0 UNDEADHUNTER 0
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EggHuevoEggHuevo Member Posts: 69
    argent77 said:

Apparently you can prevent a class or kit from falling if you add it to the file "FALLEN.2DA". It's already been used for Blackguards. Adding the following lines should prevent rangers from falling:
    RANGER 0 FERALAN 0 STALKER 0 BEASTMASTER 0
    And the lines for paladins:
    PALADIN 0 CAVALIER 0 INQUISITOR 0 UNDEADHUNTER 0

I can't find this .2da anywhere. Any tips? I'd really like to play an evil cavalier.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Well, you can create it yourself =P All there is in the file originally is:

2DA V1.0 1 FALLEN BLACKGUARD 0

Then add lines for kits you want and save as fallen.2da in Override =D
  • EggHuevoEggHuevo Member Posts: 69
    I found a workaround :smiley:
    Using EEKeeper, I changed my level 1 Cavalier into a Blackguard. Retained all my abilities (lay on hands, resistances, etc) which I don't lose when my reputation drops, even to 1. I also don't get any of the BG abilities, except poison weapon when I reach the required level. I just don't use it, and it's like having an evil cavalier. I suppose I could even remove that ability with EEKeeper, too.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Its hilarious how many players are surprised that there are consequences to their actions in these games. I don't mean that in a derogatory way either, modern games just don't do that.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    ThacoBell said:

Its hilarious how many players are surprised that there are consequences to their actions in these games. I don't mean that in a derogatory way either, modern games just don't do that.

Facing consequences for my actions? That's not fair! - my teenage sons' friend's reason for not liking BG. (Can't tell he grew up in this suburb, nope, not at all. Pure coincidence. Don't know why I even brought him up.)
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited October 2017
    So, is there a way to remove the fallen status with the in-game console?
    I fear I bumped into a bug: Entillis Fulsom (Baldur's Gate Docks) attacked me, (despite having heroic reputation; moreover, Jaheira and Khalid were in my party, so he wasn't supposed to attack me!) my reputation dropped and I gained the "Fallen Ranger" status...
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Use EEkeeper or NearInfinity to remove the fallen status.

edited October 2017
    Redrake said:

Use EEkeeper or NearInfinity to remove the fallen status.

@Troodon80 What can you tell me about this?
    C: EVAL('RegainRangerHood()')
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited October 2017
    @subtledoctor I am just interested in removing the "fallen" status, so: will the previous command perform the trick? Or am I forced to use EEkeeper or NearInfinity?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Dunno.

It works.