Skip to content

How NPCs should be

2»

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    abacus said:

I was once told that the NPCs were direct lifts of characters that the dev used to play in p&p... so they were naturally rolled which would explain why they aren't heavily optimised.

Does anyone know if this is in fact the case?

I know that is true with coran for bg1
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    abacus said:

I was once told that the NPCs were direct lifts of characters that the dev used to play in p&p... so they were naturally rolled which would explain why they aren't heavily optimised.

Yep. Although the stats they use in the game aren't the same as the ones they had in the tabletop campaign.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Iirc, the BG1 portraits were also photo manips of the devs and their family. Wonder who exactly was the model for Xzar, he must be great at parties.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    abacus said:

@abacus Check this post for the real PnP sheet for Minsc! It became available thanks to Amber Scott and Cameron Tofer, many years later.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Minsc was 17 years old?!

It does make sense, the dajemma is basically the ritual to manhood. I just would never have guessed with his portrait and voice.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Some of them were. Minsc and Sarevok were both in that game and were originally brothers. I think one of the female characters was also in there. Safana, maybe?
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I feel sorry for the person who had to deal with Garrick on the table...