Skip to content

Marvel themed party

2»

Comments

• GoatBoySteveGoatBoySteve Member Posts: 50
    Familiar innate for Catwoman and a custom throwing hammer for Harley...

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

Balrog99, Barbara Gordon has multiple black belts and was a star athlete in school... She may not look it, but she's strong. Wikis say she is in "Peak Physical Condition". Batman is more fit, but his strength when he pushes himself dips slightly into superhuman territory (just barely). Katana is also said to be in peak condition. Catwoman is described as a "gifted and accomplished athlete" with mastery of multiple martial arts. And Harley swings that big ass hammer around like it's nothing. LOL.

I'm sorry, but physics and muscle density in real-life would limit the strength of any female character. I'm sure Black Widow is in top physical shape but the things she does in the movies are just not possible for somebody her size in reality. That's why I mentioned Brienne of Tarth. That lady is a beast and her size would allow for exceptional strength.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I've done this many times!
    Daredevil: Stalker
    Elektra: Assassin/Fighter
    Hawkeye: Archer
    Black Widow: Monk
    Storm: Avenger (lightning bolt)
    Scarlet Witch: Sorcerer
    edited February 2018
    I made a nice Guardians of the Galaxy in Temple of Elemental Evil but never got far with them
    Star-Lord: Ranger
    Adam Warlock: Sorcerer (with Cosmo as his dog animal companion, which was awesome)
    Drax: Half-Orc barbarian
    Gamora: Elven Rogue/Fighter
    Mantis: Monk 1/Wizard X
    Moondragon: Cleric
    Rocket Raccoon: Halfling fighter
    Groot: Half-Orc Fighter
    Didn't have room for a Phylla-Vel paladin :( Maybe Bug would be a monk, Jack Flag a fighter, and Major Victory would be a paladin.

Other ideas-
    Iron Fist: Sun Soul Monk
    Dr. Strange: Wizard
    Iron Fist: Fighter with Stoneskin special ability
    Wolverine: Dual Wield Berserker with constitution high enough for regeneration
    Nightcrawler: Shadowdancer
    Spider-Man: Toughest one for me. Ended up deciding he was a kensai with web and entangle as special abilities.
    Hulk: Berserker but with a Shambling Mound sprite
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited February 2018

I made a nice Guardians of the Galaxy in Temple of Elemental Evil but never got far with them
    Adam Warlock: Sorcerer (with Cosmo as his dog animal companion, which was awesome)
    Didn't have room for a Phylla-Vel paladin :( Maybe Bug would be a monk, Jack Flag a fighter, and Major Victory would be a paladin.

Other ideas-
    Spider-Man: Toughest one for me. Ended up deciding he was a kensai with web and entangle as special abilities.

I like your ideas but how about Mantis as an elven enchantress? Seems more fitting to me...

Edit: Perhaps a bard or skald limited to enchantment spells only would fit better.
    Balrog99 said:

Other ideas-

I like your ideas but how about Mantis as an elven enchantress? Seems more fitting to me...

Edit: Perhaps a bard or skald limited to enchantment spells only would fit better.
    I was basing her off the comic book version, where she had precognition. Perhaps Diviner would be better?
    Elf sprite works better for sure!
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    That party looks great @GoatBoySteve and keep us posted, awesome portraits...thanks too @AstroBryGuy for the link and portraits as will use them soon when I finally start my IWD run...
  • GoatBoySteveGoatBoySteve Member Posts: 50
    They're all Stanley Lau (aka Artgerm), if you'd like to look up more of his stuff.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I have a similar team in mind too @booinyoureyes and close to finishing up my BG2 SCS run and plan for a IWD run...me & @dr_muds had this discussion awhile back too and going to go with now
    Storm - Avenger Druid, party leader and all elemental related spells of course and may give her wing buffet innate with eekeeper
    Wolverine - Dwarven Berserker, dual wielding axes and eekeepr const 20+. 10X ranger tracking ability with 100% resistance to poison/disease (too much?)
    Phoenix - DD, primary enchantment or any mind related/telekinitic like spells - i.e bigby hand
    Nightcrawler - Blade, elf, duel wielding long/short swords, innate dimension door abilit x10, teleport field, invis./blur spells only.
    Gambit - thief dual mage with energy/fire based spells - MM, decastave, fireball, meteors, malvon rage etc
    Iceman - last minute change from psylocke but made sense for IWD. Sorc with all ice related spells.
    Been planning this for a couplue years but hope to finally get it going!