Skip to content

I Want To Make A Blind Lets Play Of Your Game!

I recently started doing lets plays again and acquired your game from steam months ago on sale. I have heard nothing but good things about the game, but I have never personally had a computer to run it on until now. I would be monetizing the videos and I was unaware that it was improper form to make one without consent. I will obviously link your site and store to the video's. My page is linked at the bottom if you want to know anymore about my Let's Plays. Thank you in advance for your time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2AagplT1A_fqztyqDY8msQ

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I see you like NorthernLion and ChristopherOdd, same as I do. Maybe I'll watch your let's play.
  • FatherofTwoFatherofTwo Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the interest. I currently have Sunless Sea going as an LP, and I hope to get permission for this game as I have recorded the beginning and mastered the audio and loved every minute of playing this wonderful game.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I know nothing about the monetizing part, but I have enjoyed some of the Let’s Plays of Baldur’s Gate that I’ve watched on YouTube. Good luck with your project!
  • FatherofTwoFatherofTwo Member Posts: 4
    Thank you the first episode is live now. I will link it if you want to see but it's just the beginning scenes and my character creation. Next episode later on.

Episode 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6pVwZ95L8U
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    I've seen a number of larger and mid-tier channels make monetized let's plays on all kinds of games. It's not required to give credit/links to the game but I think it's in good taste to go ahead and link to where you got the game in case someone stumbles across your channel/let's play and is thinking about giving it a try after watching you play it. So linking to where people can buy the game and if applicable giving a summed up list of what mods you used are generally what I would do in the video description.

Have fun playing the game and good luck. If you'd ever like to play some multiplayer feel free to message me or make a post on the multiplayer forum.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I like the blind playthroughts. I will keep my eye on yours. in my freetime.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @FatherofTwo

We don't have a problem with Let's Play videos, however you choose to do them. We do reserve the right to change that philosophy, though. But for now, go for it.

Link.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Hi, @FatherofTwo , I started watching your LP today. I really like it. It's always fun to watch somebody play for the first time, and to re-experience that "first time" magic of the game vicariously.

I like how you roleplay all the dialogue. That makes the videos even more entertaining. I bet you are really good at reading stories to your kids. :)

Don't get discouraged if you start to die a lot and have to keep reloading the game. That happens to everybody on their first time. There's a steep learning curve with Baldur's Gate, but the rewards of the game are worth it.

I just watched up through number 6, and I see you're way ahead of that, so I'll probably watch a few episodes a day until I catch up with the current ones. Keep up the good work. I love to watch good LP's.