Skip to content

[MOD] Cheese's Shaman Stronghold [WIP]

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
edited September 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
A friend of mine and I are currently working on a mod that will ad a shaman stronghold to BG2.

The location will be the Graveyard District in Athkatla and will be a follow up to the "Wellyn's Teddy Bear" quest. It will add in a minimum of six new quests/ encounters which will feature elements about councilship, dealing with the departed and those left behind, dreams, teaching and learning. All quests feature multiple ways of solving them for replay value and will take the different alignments into account. I am also making sure that the mod fits into the game tone and scope wise, hoping to achieve a flawless blend in. Some encounters will be thoughtful, some will be funny, some will be serious.

The "correct" way to solve this stronghold is to be wise in your decisions.
You shall see what I mean by that when you get to play it ;)

The mod is still in it's baby shoes, but I figured I should leave a note in case anybody else gets the smart idea to make a mod like this >.> Also, since this is my first project like this I can't actually tell when it will be done. Might be a month, might be a year. We shall see :)

Step 1 - Quest and Story Design - IN PROGRESS
Step 2 - Dialogue and Script Design
Step 3 - Scripting
Step 4 - Playtesting and Debugging
Step 5 - Public Release
Post edited by Buttercheese on

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700

The mod is still in it's baby shoes, but I figured I should leave a note in case anybody else gets the smart idea to make a mod like this >.> Also, since this is my first project like this I can't actually tell when it will be done. Might be a month, might be a year. We shall see :)

Actually I'm working on the Stronghold for shaman + shamanic NPC + shamanic items. I'm also not sure when I'll release the mod. Just thought you may need to know aaaaaand... well, I don't usually share info about my new mods, but... here it is.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited September 2016
    @LavaDelVortel Well, I already finished designing most of the quests for this, so I am gonna keep working on it o.o
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    @Buttercheese Yeah, sure, I never said you should do otherwise! :) I just thought I would let you know + I use a different location, anyway. Much different as I thought shaman should get his personal space. I wrote all the dialogues, made the area, coded everything, made the items and now I'm working on the NPC. And NPCs take time, so...
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Since this isn't like the Nalia romance where both mods are mutually exclusive, I doubt anyone will complain about getting to play two shaman stronghold quests.

Looking forward to both of your mods.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Buttercheese
    Any progress? :)