Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Fanart Thread?

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    If that's supposed to Edwin, all I can say is… he's got way too much hair. Red Wizards shave themselves bald and have tattooed heads. :) Otherwise, nice.
  • SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2014
    LadyRhian said:

If that's supposed to Edwin, all I can say is… he's got way too much hair. Red Wizards shave themselves bald and have tattooed heads. :) Otherwise, nice.

Ah yes, I ought to have mentioned that this particular piece is meant to be set a few years AFTER ToB, where in my little headcanon world he's given up keeping it shaved. Don't worry, I'm actually disturbingly well-versed on all things Red Wizard. >_<
    But thanks! ;)

ETA- I just realized it was actually in this thread I had mentioned I always get excited when someone draws him bald because so few people know that lore. I see so much BG1 Edwin fanart with ponytail and it always makes me facepalm cause I wanna yell "He just barely left Thay!" So I totally get why you'd point that out.

But I also mentioned BG2 and onwards I give him hair, which is actually something I've given entirely too much thought to. Because in fact, it's debatable whether he really should have that goatee, but passable as a few Mulan choose to grow facial hair, including the infamous Szass Tam. I even considered rather in-depth whether a character as overly proud of his homeland and status as Edwin would ever give up such a definitive practice. After all he never even openly admits he's not exactly welcome home, even after the little incident while he is, shall we say, 'disguised'. But as the Haunted Lands trilogy touches on a couple times, most Thayans who leave home for any length of time do tend to abandon the habit. And who knows, maybe a certain drow told him he'd look better with hair. ;)
    /end obsessed fangirl thoughts
    Post edited by SassyGoldElf on
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    @SassyGoldElf
    haha thanks so much <3<3<3

Your drawing is totally gorgeous! (saw it before but didn't have time to comment before now :P)

I know the feeling I get totally nervous about posting anything with nudity, or fluffy and/or sappy stuff, or even anything slightly fanservicey (ie shirtless men)

@Sylph *squees* OMG Thank you~! I'm honored someone with your talents thinks so! And yeah I just... can't post that stuff to forums. For some reason dA doesn't bother me, probably just because at least there's a mature content warning there.
    @SassyGoldElf I wonder if Edwin is still rocking the bald head as "Edwina". ;)
    @LadyRhian I'm laughing so hard cause this convo totally made me think about drawing that too! I image "her" with a really short pixie cut... Yep, definitely going for the sketchbook when I get home! :3
    @SassyGoldElf Now imagine her as a bartender. Or a serving wench. ;)
  • Viconia_DeVirViconia_DeVir Member Posts: 80
    There are some very talented artisans among you, I am discovering. If only Trademeet's waela masons had comissioned such deft craftspeople as designers before erecting their tasteless statues. As if any clumsily-hewn form of stone could capture my true poise and vitality, no matter how feverish the attempt. You portraiteers display much finer skill and taste.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072

There are some very talented artisans among you, I am discovering. If only Trademeet's waela masons had comissioned such deft craftspeople as designers before erecting their tasteless statues. As if any clumsily-hewn form of stone could capture my true poise and vitality, no matter how feverish the attempt. You portraiteers display much finer skill and taste.

Also boobs! :v
    Such prosaic fascinations remain a constant no matter where one travels, it seems. As long as my companions left no trail of drool for our foes to follow, I'd little care as to where their gazes wandered.
    You may find talent aplenty on the internet, but don't expect maturity. Even those that possess it tend to forget it once behind a keyboard... often deliberately.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @SassyGoldElf - I hate to explain the joke, but to put it in technical terms: I was trying to intentionally contrast the simpletonitude against the loquaciousness for comedic effect.
    edited January 2014
    @scriver I got it, and I laughed too. I was merely warning our lovely resident drow that if she intends to spend any substantial amount of time around here she will not always be met with sophistication to her tastes... which, again, is often our intent. Meme thread, anyone?

On that note, (.)(.)
    Believe me, jaluk, once one has spent time in the company of that obnoxious, prattling Red Wizard and had the foul-smelling hargluk trotting upwind on a blustery day, one learns to develop a tolerance for unsophisticated fools. My usual disdain for the quaint, clumsy bawdiness found on the surface aside - I will admit I've been known chuckle quietly at such. Whether my amusement on any occasion derives from laughing with such jests or laughing at them... I leave for others to determine!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @winters‌ ypur an atrist too!? There's no beating this guy. Those are really good.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    @meagloth, on and off. I had a huuuge break and now I'm trying to use every opportunity to practice. Thanks :]
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    @buttercheese amazing stuff. You are talented
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108

@buttercheese amazing stuff. You are talented

Agree. Nice to have so many talented people here.

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @EnterHaerDalis‌ & @lolien‌:
    Thanks, guys :')
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I drew some treehuggers:
    Cutter and Leetah from ElfQuest, Sand from Neverwinter Nights 2 and I guess you know who the other three munchkins are.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Hmm, for some reason a lot of those aren't displaying right for me...
  • DurothDuroth Member Posts: 17
    I adjusted/modified or made the original Branwen art of BG for my personal use and thought I'd share.

I trimmed or slimmed her face and gave her a neck line adjusted her jaw line, fixed her nose . IMO she looks better. The art and original owner of the art work credits go to..... well I don't know the artists name but he is great and the owners are now BEAMDOG.

Very Respectfully,
    Duroth

@Duroth Interesting. She looks like she went on a super-slimming diet.