Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Fanart Thread?

Comments

• SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Hico said:

a pally with my town's coat of arms as she stumbles to a dragons lair.

I love the dragon whelp. :D
  • SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    Okay I'm sorry but I'm gonna necro this thing because @Buttercheese I fully support pony crossover fanart and anyone who doesn't clearly doesn't like fun. Also HOLY CRAP ACCURATE EDWIN! I love you. I am pretty positive that is the first time I've EVER seen someone draw him with a shaved head. For BG2 fanart I draw him with hair, but BG1 bald all the way baby.

I'm working on some newer stuff right now since I just got back into playing, but in the meantime I'm really really tempted to spam a buttload of reaaaaaallllly old fanart just to laugh at myself. Hmmm I wonder if I could find the set of headshots I did, including jaded!Anomen from my playthrough on the Edwin romance mod where I completely ruined his life. /heartless bitch
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Great, that picture turned me into a pervy hobbit fancier.

Have Alora dancing with Pinkie Pie and Buttercheese:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmVnnkCV7cE

And please do share your pictures, I feel horrible for basically taking it over. More people need to share their pictures!
    Also: FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!

so amaze and adorable :3

I'll be able to share soon! And then, then, TEA TIME WITH BASSILUS and all those other nutjobs!
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Tea time with Bassilus? Oooh, will Portalbenderwinden be there, and Mad Arcand, and Lord Binky the Buffoon, and and and...
    edited November 2013

@SassyGoldElf:
    Thank you so much, I thought my stuff would probably go completly unrecognized here :'D
    I am actually not the first person to draw Edwin like that, this honor belongs to the awesome Artastrophe who has been a big inspiration to me.

OMG. I just got around to looking at her stuff and I just. Kind of don't want to finish the picture of Edwin I'm working on now because it doesn't even begin to compare.
    Then again, I don't enjoy doing realism; I'd rather just look at it. I can draw realistically, though not half as well as her, but I have a sort of anime-derivative style that isn't all that popular with most D&D peeps I know.
    Post edited by SassyGoldElf on

My attempt at doodleing a certain new NPC from Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition.
    She is just to beautiful, why do I even try :’I

@SassyGoldElf:
    Why wouldn't you finish it? When you start to doubt yourself just because you compare yourself to others, you will never go far with drawing.

I love the touch with the Cloak!
    And that was very good advice! Now, for me to stop comparing myself to Chris Metzen. :(
    @Buttercheese Oh, nah, I'm gonna finish it. It was more a colorful way of saying "I wish I was that good". My own 'why do I even try' moment, if you will. But then again, my style isn't anything like hers because I don't really enjoy drawing realism. I have more of a weird anime-hybrid thing going on... which isn't all that popular in this genre but oh welp. :P
    And Hexxat looks great. Her face is spot on!

@SCARY_WIZARD Eep, yes you must stop! I draw the line at comparing myself to pros. That's just creative suicide!

@SCARY_WIZARD Eep, yes you must stop! I draw the line at comparing myself to pros. That's just creative suicide!

Hah! I was just kidding, although he is soooort of an inspiration. Can't nobody chisel a face like he can!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    @Buttercheese
    Nice!
    Though she looks a bit friendler than I remember...
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Thank you guys :D

@Drugar:
    Well, she *can* be really friendly, actually. In fact, she is really nice and helpful to some of the partymembers, which was a real surprise for me. I guess she is one of those characters who are soft on the outside and hard on the inside. A peach-person (wow, dat anology xD ).
    Sylph said:

I did a scribble :D

*runs away*

A fine scribble! No need to run!
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @Sylph:
    Very nice work! I like your linehaul ~
    Erinne said:

Just an attempt to bring my CHARNAME to life (WIP):
    image (Base)
    She kinda resembles Jaheira's BG1 portrait... probably because that's the portrait I used for the first version of her, way back in 2000 when I was first introduced to the series. Maybe I should give her a haircut.

Nice! Very nice.
    In particular, I like the armour, it looks sort of like banded mail. ...please, don't mind me, my brain is wired funny. ;___;
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @SCARY_WIZARD or weird funny, like mine? :P
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151

Nice! Very nice.
    In particular, I like the armour, it looks sort of like banded mail. ...please, don't mind me, my brain is wired funny. ;___;

Yeah, I suppose it does, I actually used this banded leather cuirass as a reference (and another reference for the shoulderpads, which I can't find at the moment). Don't really know much about armour though, so I'm not really sure how practical this design would actually be :P.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Did Artworks made with photoshop count? I made a thread about that!
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23036/baldur-s-gate-madart-with-ps#latest
    Just too lazy to do anything more, I like modding better :P
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Keldorn scribble:

Aaaaand a quick drawing of my main charname :D
    Erinne said:

Nice! Very nice.

Yeah, I suppose it does, I actually used this banded leather cuirass as a reference (and another reference for the shoulderpads, which I can't find at the moment). Don't really know much about armour though, so I'm not really sure how practical this design would actually be :P.
    That's actually a pretty effective variety! But, I'm going to stop myself from going off on a tangent~ Needless to say, banded armour is awesome. <3
    edited January 2014
    Don't worry @Sylph, this is sort of a quiet thread, lol. Loving your CHARNAME portrait a lot!

Many thanks for the likes on my little doodle!

EDIT (again) I keep worrying over even linking to nudity, even tastefully done, on this forum because of younger members and all that so I'll just keep it on dA. Yep. *paranoid*
    Post edited by SassyGoldElf on