Skip to content

Jade Empire on iOS

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
For those fellow iPad and iPhone players, BioWare's Jade Empire has just been released on the App Store. I'm only a little way into it, but so far it is pretty fantastic. The port is (aside from the muddy graphics during cut scenes) absolutely gorgeous. I'm still trying to get a handle on the combat mechanics, which don't seem ideal for the touch screen, but the story, dialog, voice acting, and graphics are all pretty great. A steal at $10! I'm hoping this does well and Aspyr continues bringing BioWare games to the mobile format (they also released the great port of KOTOR).
Touch Arcade gave it a good review:
http://toucharcade.com/2016/10/05/jade-empire-special-edition-review/
sparkleavNimranmashedtatersJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I bought this as well, and am of the same opinion. Combat will take some getting used to, but overall a very nice port. :smiley:
    proccoCrevsDaak
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I've been switching back and forth between the Master and Student difficulty levels. I'll try a fight a couple of times on Master, and if I'm just getting wrecked, switch over to Student. I'm still not very far into it, but I'm really enjoying all of the dialog in it. It's really well written, and it seems like almost every character has something new to say after every event.
    NimranCrevsDaak
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Combat always felt odd on the PC version. Eventually I hit upon an attack I could spam against most opponents and stuck to that.

Does this version have any new content? I always felt the second act ended rather abruptly, as if content where missing.
    CrevsDaak
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    How are the controls on iPhone?
    CrevsDaak
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915

How are the controls on iPhone?

I've only tried it on iPad. It's too big of a download for my phone. The control layout is similar to the KOTOR port, which worked fine on iPhone, so maybe its playable?
    CrevsDaak