Skip to content

How to defeat Dragomir?

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
Help!

How do I defeat Dragomir? I already have a two handed sword +1, but it does not cause any damage.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You need a +2 weapon like the Sword of Chaos. If you don't have that for whatever reason there's a few cheap items at the Copper Coronet.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Thanks! I am out of gold. Hexxat does not go away like the other characters if it takes some days to loot gold, right?
    edited November 2016
    PD: In the inn there is no +2 sword. What shop can you recommend me?
    Post edited by fetito666 on
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    The Adventurer's Mart at Waukeen's Promenade should be a good bet.

Why don't you have the Sword of Chaos? It's an essential piece of loot from the first dungeon in the game.
    fetito666

The Adventurer's Mart at Waukeen's Promenade should be a good bet.

Why don't you have the Sword of Chaos? It's an essential piece of loot from the first dungeon in the game.

I think I did not loot any stuff from the tutorial dungeon, because I thought I'd get asap better ones. *blush*
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    fetito666 said:

PD: In the inn there is no +2 sword. What shop can you recommend me?

The inn does sell better weapons, but you have to complete Hendak's quest there before the full selection is on offer.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    @fetito666 There's a +2 dagger in the Dragomir dungeon in one of the containers.

Also, if you have Burning Earth long sword imported from BG1, this weapon will hit him (as it counts as a +4 weapon). Actually, in the import list there're weapons that are +2.
    Noobacca
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    edited November 2016
    Korgan can use +2 axe found in a tomb. If you killed Suna Seni thugs you should have Arbane Sword +2, also you can find generic +2 sword in the Thief's Guild floor.

and ....don't forget about cough! ....traps cough!

ps. last I killed him was with Korgan or Minsc running in circles after scoring a few hits and taking a solid beating, Jaheira and Anomen healing them and Edwin and Nalia casting magic missiles, melf arrows, etc. easy peasy ;P

ninja edit/

Korgan and Minsc changed to Korgan or Minsc because LOL
    StummvonBordwehr
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    Also Spiritual Hammer spell hits as a +2 if I not be mistaken.
    JuliusBorisovgorgonzola
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @sarevok57 good suggestion! I forgot about that! Probably the easiest way to do it actually...
    fetito666sarevok57
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I casted a chromatic orb by a wild mage, and he was petrified. You need caster level 10 or a good level increase roll with a lower wild mage to do so. Dragomir has some resistances and good saves but not infallible. Dooming and/or greater malison also help.

Ofcourse, smashing his statue destroyed his cloak, so Hexxat was unusable. Tsk. Maybe this was fixed in the new 2.0+ versions, making the cloak a quest item to prevent destruction.
    JuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    A petrified enemy is not a lost loot, you are a stone to flash and a single DMG away from having the loot and even a double killing XP :wink: . And usually the quest items are related to the main quest, there are other examples of how player's errors can make NPCs not usable. Even the iconic Minsc (delaying to save his witch in BG1) an Jaheira (dropping her one more time in BG2) can be lost forever. So I don't think that the cloak has to become a quest item.
    But I am not a developer...
    JuliusBorisovMontresor_SP
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    If you are not playing with SCS or any other difficulty enhancing mods, you can clear the first level of Watcher's keep for a nice +3 bastard sword and a +4 scimitar.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    ToBEx (engine hack for the original BG2:ToB) had a component that caused creatures to drop their loot when petrified.

After all, it's called "Flesh to Stone", and not "Flesh and Cloth and Leather and Steel to Stone".

Not sure if there's a mod to do the same on the EE...
    gorgonzola
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    I usually have Yoshimo set all his traps just outside the door before you see Dragomir then kite him over to them. I just cross my fingers hoping that they deal enough damage to either take him down to low HP and finish him in one more melee hit or that the traps take him out altogether.
    JuliusBorisov
  • VolatileVolatile Member Posts: 81
    Sorry for reviving an old thread, but this is where the Search bar led me to. On my fourth try, I slew Dragomir solo as a generalist mage of 12th level. It was very easy once I had the right spells set up for it.

You'll need: Lower M. Resistance; G. Malison; all the Skull Traps you can have. Magic Missiles, Orbs, Arrow spells et cetera work great, too.

Recommended: 2x Mirror Images; 2x Stoneskins; 1x Globe of Invul. He won't be able to touch you.

No cheese involved. I pre-buffed with Prot. from Evil, Stoneskin, Mirror Image, and Globe of Invulnerability. Approach him, have fun with the weird dialog, then bombard him with Skull Traps. I only had four, but a Cone of Cold finished him off.
    fetito666gorgonzola
  • Oswald81Oswald81 Member Posts: 63
    Ano or Minsc with Mace of Disruption should make short work of him. I'm wondering if my game is bugged as even Kangaxx has taken two whacks from Ano at most before dying time and time again.
    Volatilefetito666gorgonzola