Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    edited April 2017
    Good to see you on the road again @Blackraven - and thanks for your thoughts! ;)

I cannot name the exact number of Skulls cause for some reason Simulacrum seems to be bugged in my installation and the duration is quite random. Dont ask me why. Korgath had 24 Skull Trap scrolls in his pocket and combined it with six Simulacrums (one from the Helm) plus the casting from Korgath himself. With Project Image it should be no problem to get 200+ SKull Traps - as well as 40+ Fireballs. With the damage of the poison traps this should instakill even Abazigal (nearly) all the time.

I also expected Melissan to use Death Spell all the time - as she is doing against Mordi Swords or Elementals - but for whatever reason she never used it against the Skeleton Warriors!

You are right - there is an option for SCS to prevent clones using magic items. Thanks to the good gods that i refused to install it - otherwise Korgath would have been doomed for sure.

Oh, you are right @Blackraven! I should have mentioned Robes of Vecna & Amulet of Power! Yes, they also reduce casting time of scrolls which makes them very powerful in the final battle.

With regard to no-reload: This would force me to get a completly new mind-setup. Yeah, this might be very challenging and will definetely fit for a problem solving chess player but - will it be fun? We will see! :D
    Yeah, thats going along with my thoughts: Picking a class that one is comfortable with!

Dwarven Fighter/Cleric - yeah - i remember some good old run with this one in the vanilla game. On the other hand Druid would fit me much more as i am a big tree lover. Totemic Druid would be very strong in BG1 and even SoD should be manageable. But i cant see him winning against Melissan - IF one gets that far. Ranger/Cleric would get the best of both worlds but isnt it called borderline OP?

Maybe i should take my time - no reason to rush things! ;)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,324
    edited April 2017
    I don't think a ranger/cleric is over-powered at all in the EE - a dwarven fighter cleric looks stronger to me due to the saving throw benefit. The druid spells given to the ranger/cleric now only mirror those available to the ranger, i.e. up to 3rd level, and the early levels are not where druid spells shine.

Best of luck with the druid if you're going with that.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Quick question : should I buy the Ras longsword ? Another ally would be welcome, but for only 4 rounds at a time, the price is quite steep.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Arctodus said:

Quick question : should I buy the Ras longsword ? Another ally would be welcome, but for only 4 rounds at a time, the price is quite steep.

Very good progress @Arctodus, close to level 15 already!

In the course of your game I'd try to collect as many summons as possible and I would definitely buy Ras at some point. It's a powerful summons that will resist both physical damage and nasty spells, but be wary of death spells.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    At @Blackraven and all the no-reloaders out there : watch out with the Durlag's Goblet. Don't rely on it too much, because, even if you have fear immunity, a goblet sip might fear you anyway... and that fear effect last 12 hours. That bug happened to me quite a few times, specially during the Belhifet fight, where I had him at Near Death... Was NOT cool. :s

Being feared while wearing fear protection warrant a reload in my opinion, but I know you guys : you might lose interest in your character even if a bug means you die. So, watch out !! :)
    edited April 2017
    Lot of progress for our no-reloaders - thats great! ;)

With regard to the Wardens: You do no not have kill them all. At the end its all about Love. Lure the rest away and kill only him to grab the Wardstone and move on to the next level. Thats even safer - but lacks the adrenaline rush of fighting them all.

With regard to Durlags Goblet: I dont know if its a bug in your installation @Arctodus but in all of my runs the fear never ever triggered when immunity was up - regardless being it the Helm, the Chain Mail or Greenstone Amulet. Very strange stuff... ;)
    Post edited by Harpagornis on