Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• Viper_AlveinViper_Alvein Member Posts: 22
    Oh what I would do to wear a helmet. Been killing ankhegs for the last little while and the shield amulet has done wonders, but those criticals certainly do put an end to Kiera's journey pretty fast. At least for now I'm glad I'm not doing a no reload run.
  • Viper_AlveinViper_Alvein Member Posts: 22
    @harpagornis If that works it will be a funny end to a horrible battle. :D
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited April 2017
    CrevsDaak said:

Yaga-Shura: He is the Warriors Bane as he not only got 1930 (?) HP but also 99% resistance to all kinds of physical damage. This means: Magic or elemental damage is essential!

He has 99% resistance against *any* type of damage except Cold, for which he has 50% I think, or maybe it was -50%. Or maybe just 0%, I don't quite remember.

You can just Wand of Cold him to death. It takes a long time but it's doable.
    Except that warriors can't use the wand of frost... The more I learn about this challenge the stronger my apprehension that Monks may lack the versatility required for this challenge. I may be mistaken though, as I've said, Annick is my first Monk.
    Even if I were to allow reloads, which I've been considering, Annick would not be able to finish Yaga: 10 uses of Frozen Fist won't do much (in theory 400 damage, but that would require all attacks to be made, without ever retreating, and all hits to land, impossible). And there isn't much else that a Monk can use that gives good cold damage. Does Blackrazor level drain work on him? Maybe warrior Charnames are better off recruiting Bodhi in lieu of Balthazar? She may be able to level drain Yaga-Shura.

Also, Ilasera is a serious concern for Annick because they won't be able to use the Reflection Shield.
    Post edited by Blackraven on
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,324
    edited April 2017
    Is Yaga-Shura proof against death effects? If not, that would offer an opening for a monk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Grond0 said:

Is Yaga-Shura proof against death effects? If not, that would offer an opening for a monk.

According to NI, assuming I have the right file, he is immune to the effects Slay and Kill target, so I'm afraid Quivering Palm won't cut it.
    chimaera said:

I think the five are only immune to intelligence drain, because time stop & mind flayer is such a commn strategy. Btw, @Harpagornis , I had a look at some old Ascension threads, and your bounty hunter missed out on one weapon: one of Haer'Dalis swords drains dexterity on hit, which means you could use it to stat-drain the five. >:)

I'm not sure what weapon enchantment requirements apply to the Five, but if +2 is enough, then Haer'Dalis's Chaos blade is certainly a useful item.
    It can also be upgraded to +3 with the Item Upgrades mod.

I can't help you with your question about the Wand of Wonder. Ha, after all this time I'm afraid there's still more I don't know than I do know about this game...
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    chimaera said:

I think the five are only immune to intelligence drain, because time stop & mind flayer is such a commn strategy. Btw, @Harpagornis , I had a look at some old Ascension threads, and your bounty hunter missed out on one weapon: one of Haer'Dalis swords drains dexterity on hit, which means you could use it to stat-drain the five.

Does that mean Kachiko's wakizashi that can be bought from Joluv in the Copper Coronet would work? That drains wisdom (although I believe it's a save vs spell effect). I also can't remember if it's a +2 or +3. But that could be a weapon of choice for characters without Use Any Item to use Haer'Dalis's sword.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    edited April 2017
    As Dex Drain works great thanks to no save and the duration of 5 rounds i looked at Kachikos Wisdom Drain. The main problem - as pointed out earlier - is that the effect only lasts two rounds and it allows a save vs death. I looked at the stats of the Big Five with Ctrl+Q here are the results.

Yaga-Shura: Wisdom -> 10 Save vs Death -> 8
    Sendai: Wisdom -> 19 Save vs Death -> -3
    Abazigal: Wisdom -> 13 Save vs Death -> 2
    Gromnir: Wisdom -> 10 Save vs Death -> 7
    Illasera: Wisdom -> 14 Save vs Death -> 1

The good news: There is a realistic chance for Warriors to take down Yaga-Shura with GWW as well as Gromnir. The rest looks pretty hard but from my experience i know that constant GWW spamming with Flail of Ages is able to kill them without any draining effect.

This still leaves Melissan open. She looks untouchable to everything but Harm - which is out of reach for Korgath. Or is there a secret Harm-Scroll waiting somewhere? Or an item i am missing? Will Feeblemind work? ;)
    Nice to see that work @Harpagornis! Victory is drawing closer!
    edited April 2017
    New tests have shown: The Answerer +4 works great!!!! Combined with Greater Malison + Wand of Paralyzation + Improved Haste Melissan can be stunlocked quite long. Maybe its time to put all pieces together and bring an end to Melissan once and for all. ;)
    Post edited by Harpagornis on
    HRHRHR - you made my day @Grond0! Me, playing no-reload on my old days?

Hhhmmmmm.... why not? Will have to think about that one! >:)
    Grond0 said:

Good stuff @Blackraven - keep it going.

She then traveled through Cloakwood invisibly, stopping only to bring Chelak's body to Tiber and to pick up Spider's Bane, whose Free Action now negates Haste I discovered.

Did you try casting haste before equipping the sword? I think if you add free action after the spell is cast then you still get the extra attack, although it doesn't work the other way round.
    You're right. Just tested this. It now works like regular free action (like the spell and the potions). E.g. it negates boots of speed 'haste'.