Skip to content

Is it possible to travel to Icewind Dale from Baldur's Gate 2 with mods?

ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
I remember reading a few years ago about how there was a mod that made it possible to take a boat or something from Baldur's Gate 2 to Icewind Dale. I think it was part of Big World Project, but I'm not sure. I couldn't get Big World Project to work on my computer then, so it was irrelevant for me. I just got a new computer that Big World Project actually works on, but now I can't find any information about the mod that would allow me to travel from BG2 to Icewind Dale.

Is there a mod that allows travel from Baldur's Gate 2 to Icewind Dale? If so, is it part of Big World Project? If not, what is it called and how would I get it? What would I need to do in the game in order to travel there?

Thanks!

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited November 2016
    Hm, I think you are talking about Icewind Dale EET. Here is the link to the mod: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27759

Note however, IIRC, this mod was released when Baldur's Gate still was in the 1.3 branch, like Icewind Dale. Baldur's Gate has been updated to 2.4 since then, while Icewind Dale is still stuck in 1.3. So the mod is technically not working until Icewind Dale will be updated to 2.X, sadly.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    ^
    One remark, though - IWDEE is in the 1.4 version, not 1.3.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Okokokokok.
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    The mind boggles at what a huge game this would turn into if you had this and a mod similar to BGTuTu installed. :D
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    They're working on it with EET(EET is functional but IWD-in-EET isn't yet).
  • GwaiGwai Member Posts: 18
    Big World Project isn't dedicated to the Enhanced Editions of BG and BG2 as far as I know, so you're probably asking about the mod called NeverEnding Journey, or NEJ for short.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    The forum for the Never Ending Journey (NeJ) mod is here. It is still under active development. However NeJ is not EE-compatible and is not very compatibility-friendly even with non-EE mods because it depends on Baldurdash (which is a fixpack alternative to the BG2 Fixpack that many other mods and EE itself [through the Beamdog patches] have adopted as the "standard" fixes).

For EE, the IWD-in-EET project linked earlier in this thread is the one to watch.
  • ClockworkerClockworker Member Posts: 6
    Is the IWD-in-EET project still alive? The other forum is dead and there are no IWD Mods to download.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

Is the IWD-in-EET project still alive? The other forum is dead and there are no IWD Mods to download.

@swit /Kathos has said that they are waiting for all of the engines to get updated to 2.5 for some technical reason. Still waiting on bgee/sod so there is still hope
  • erianneerianne Member Posts: 13
    K4thos is alive. There is a new release of EET, patched for working wth bg2ee 2.5.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    That is awesome news. I'm looking forward to BG2.5 update and a release of EET afterwards