Skip to content

Android version 1.3, pc version 2.0 :(

LyanosXLyanosX Member Posts: 2
I like to play the game on pc and leave with my save on my android. With Baldur's gate 1 no prob. But then when i came to Baldur's gate 2 the versions not match. So since android dont seem to move from 1.3 to 2.0. Where can i get the version 1.3 2064 for pc ? I search everywhere and cant find it ... Thanks for youre time !

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    You can opt back to the 1.3 version on Steam if you choose the 1.3 beta in settings. If you bought BG2EE from Beamdog and don't have the Steam version, you can ask for a Steam key according to the instructions here.
  • LyanosXLyanosX Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2016
    It's sad that beamdog slogan is ''greatgame easy'' because yes, those games are great but we will pass for easy friendly user. It's not normal that we cant find a patch on your page without a email procedure. Also, The android version should normaly follow the pc version, i dont understand why the android version is not even at 2.0. The fact to be able to bring youre pc game on the mobile is genius, but this shouldnt be a quest to be able to do it, will i lvl when i will be able to play on both ? lol, btw i got the beamdog version.
    Post edited by LyanosX on
    gorgonzola
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    LyanosX said:

The android version should normaly follow the pc version, i dont understand why the android version is not even at 2.0.

Yes, it is their plan that the versions should keep in step (especially since cross-platform multi-player is one of their big promises and won't work until versions are again synchronised).

Unfortunately, Beamdog encountered unexpected difficulties in porting the 2.0 version to Android (and iOS), so there has been a delay. It'll catch up eventually, but they haven't yet promised a delivery date. Meanwhile, 2.1/2.2/2.3 (which were mainly just bugfix patches) came out in fairly rapid succession after 2.0, so the PC version is now 2.3 while the Android (and iOS) are still 1.3.
    gorgonzola
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Well yeah this kinda sucks. My pc is 2.3 with all shiny and new options, like the custom fonts, better graphics, more zooming, color selections, improved (but uglier IMHO) record and mage books, etc. My Ipad runs 1.3 and feels ancient and dated. I can't spend my time on pc for too long, I can't play on Ipad as it feels dated. So I guess I took a vacation from BG till Ipad version gets updated. Unfourtunately it may not happen soon.