Skip to content

How do i use protection scrolls!?

Hi,

going through baldurs gate for the first time and it's getting to the point where its getting hard enough that i might want to use one of those green symboled protection scrolls i have, like protection from fire but for the life of me can't figure out how to use one, with potions i just click on the potion and there's a an option to drink it, no option at all for the scrolls! Any help appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited November 2016
    You need to put them in your quick item slots and then select them from the main game screen. Depending on what type of scroll it is you may also have to select a target for the scroll's effects. Wands work the same way. Potions can also be put in the quick item slots so you don't have to open your inventory to use them.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Also, make sure INT of the character who wants to use the scroll is 9 at least.
  • jamiehavokjamiehavok Member Posts: 11
    Doh, got all the way to baldurs gate without using quick slots! Thanks guys!
    Also is the journal a bit buged? stuff doesnt seem to be appearing in their anymore when it says its updated!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The journal is mostly a work in progress. The journal in the original game was a giant mess and they have changed it around so much that they are still trying to perfect it. Some of the updates go into different places inside the journal.