Skip to content

Nominate the EEs for the Steam Awards

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
It looks like the Steam Awards are a thing this year. Players can choose nominees for 8 different categories.

http://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

Why not nominate BGEE or BG2EE for the “Test of Time” Award?
"This award is for the game that is just as good today as the day you first played it. Newer games may come out, but it doesn’t matter… you’ll always come back to play this one."
Sounds very fitting. Dragon Age, Skyrim, PoE... and we're still playing Baldur's Gate.

Or for the “Just 5 More Minutes” Award?
"You have an early day tomorrow. You need to get some sleep, so you’re just going finish one more thing before you decide to tuck in for the night. Just one more. Wait, one more. What’s that you say? It’s 2:30 AM? This award is for the game that keeps you playing late."
I'd say - rolling new characters certainly takes 5 minutes... or 5 minutes more, or 5 minutes more.

Or for the “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award.
"Some games melt your face. Maybe it was a crazy plot twist. Maybe you just got your wisdom teeth removed. Either way, this game BLOWS YOUR MIND."
Yoshimo anyone?

Or for the “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award.
"Some people just need a hug."
How about giving Sarevok a hug?

Or for the “Game Within A Game” Award.
"Kinder Eggs. Peanut Butter Cups. Jelly Donuts. All great things stuffed with other great things. Like a mighty turducken, this award celebrates the best mini game hidden within another game."
The Chess game in Durlag's Tower? The Deck of Many things? The Maze in the Watcher's Keep?

Or for the “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award.
"This title didn’t have a huge marketing machine behind it, but you found it and loved it. Then you told your friends about it. And they loved it. And now that little game that could is about to win an award… but always remember: you totally found it first."
Remember how you bought your CDs in late 90th without actually knowing what to find inside? Internet wasn't a popular thing that time.

Or for the “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award.
"Animals are rad and almost any game is better for including them. However this game used a farm animal in the best way possible."
Melicamp? Familiars? Bears? Rats in Candlekeep? Boo?!

Or for the “We Didn’t Think Of Everything” Award.
"(*name pending Selection Committee Decision) There are as many great ideas for awards as there are great games to play. And so we turn to the Steam Awards Selection Committee to come up with their own category and nominee. Senior members of the Selection Committee will review the write-in entries and create an entirely new category based on the feedback provided."

How about the "Miniature Giant Space Hamster" Award? Or "I'm Not Crying, There's Something In My Eye" Award?

GO VOTE!
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
bruselminsterCrevsDaaklefreut[Deleted User]Skandii

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i voted bg2 for the 5 minute award already.
    JuliusBorisov
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Puts you in quite the conundrum to have to decide which Gates-game to nominate where... :anguished:
    JuliusBorisov
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    I don't think the community is mobilized enough atm but I like the idea.

If everyone agrees lets go for a strange prize, try to give BG2 the notoriety it deserves.

I always thought Irenicus could use a HUG, what do you think ;)
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I already nominated BG2 for test of time before I saw this thread.
    I'd be surprised if it doesnt get a lot of nominations.
    It's a shame I couldn't nominate BG1 as well
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Razor said:

I always thought Irenicus could use a HUG, what do you think ;)

As long as it's Wilson who does the hugging.
    GallowglassJuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

"Animals are rad and almost any game is better for including them. However this game used a farm animal in the best way possible."
    Familiars? Bears? Rats in Candlekeep? Boo?!

Ummm, how about a wild surge cow drop.

Doesn't get better than that.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    deltago said:

Ummm, how about a wild surge cow drop.

Doesn't get better than that.
    There was a problem with some chickens a while back
    JuliusBorisov
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I did nominate BG1 for the "Test of Time" award.
    + BG2 for the "Best Use of a Farm Animal" award...it doesn't get better than a wild surge cow drop.
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
    JuliusBorisov
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited November 2016

Boo shouldn't be nominated for this award. This award should be called The Boo!
    I would nominate Melicamp.

I nominated:
    BGEE: Test of time
    BG:SoD: Liked before it won an award
    BGIIEE: Villain needs a hug

Just 5 more minutes goes to Civ V. The IE games are easy enough to put down once I finish exploring an area, but the Civ games have always been my "just one more turn" weakness.
    Post edited by BillyYank on
    JuliusBorisov
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No problem, although you don't have to look at my OP as at the ultimate source. It just offers some ideas, which the community has already improved and expanded.
    JuliusBorisov