Skip to content

Favorite Movie Monsters

2»

Comments

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Balrog99 said:

@ThacoBell I did really enjoy the seeing the balrog in the LotR movie. My moniker actually predated the movie however. When I was much younger I was fascinated by the depiction of that beast in the Tolkien novel...

The Balrog and Moria are pretty much the prototype for every big boss and deep dungeon dive in RPG history. I mean, we already know everything about fantasy RPGs stems from Lord of the Rings (by way of D&D), but I feel the Balrog and Moria are at the essence of that.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @BettyRo I have mixed feelings about that movie, but the monster designs were GREAT.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Does Darth Maul from Star Wars episode 1 count? The scene where he fights Obi-wan and Qui-gon Jin is just amazing...with the music in the background and the killer martial arts. I watched that battle a hundred times when that movie came out.

For actual monsters, I do like the Kraken from the pirates of the Caribbean movie.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Hmmm, Darth Maul is more a sapient humanoid. Filling the same niche as humans, so not really a monster, BUT it is a fantastic battle. Easily the best part of the movie.
    I also love that the Kraken from Pirates was a big whale with a squid instead of a face.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    ThacoBell said:

Hmmm, Darth Maul is more a sapient humanoid. Filling the same niche as humans, so not really a monster, BUT it is a fantastic battle. Easily the best part of the movie.
    I also love that the Kraken from Pirates was a big whale with a squid instead of a face.

It's pretty much the ONLY part of the movie worth anything, minus the initial scenery when they come into the Gungan city. The fact that I went to that movie 4 times in the theater speaks to the stupidity of youth more than anything.