Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

That's the end of it then.

For now, and some time to come.
Thanks for being the people you are.
Goodbye.
ShandaxxCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovTeflon

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I hope you enjoyed this great game. Come back and see us again sometime ... perhaps when you've got bored with how inferior every other game is :grin:
  • ShandaxxShandaxx Member Posts: 6,700
    edited December 2016

I hope you enjoyed this great game. Come back and see us again sometime ... perhaps when you've got bored with how inferior every other game is :grin:

As always there are multiple ways of how to interpret posts on the Internet.

I do interpret your post @Gallowglass as lighthearted and funny, maybe half-joking.

However, I have noticed a certain well "elitism" here about Baldur's Gate. It certainly is one of my favorite games but sometimes I do wonder if every other game is really so much inferior to Baldur's Gate - the pinnacle of video games development since the beginning of computers - or if the glorification of Baldur's Gate might have something to do with subjective perception.

I don't want to open a can of worms here. I already said I do take your comment above as lighthearted.
    GallowglassCrevsDaak
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 182
    I prefer the witchers and mask of the betrayer honestly. First witcher was kind of silly and didn't play well though, and witcher 2 involved so much lore that I don't think I understood it very well. Loved running around Novigrad though, it was like an open world version of Athkatla.
    ShandaxxCrevsDaak
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 243
    @Gallowglass yeah I'm sure I'll be back sometime. But it won't be because of the other games. I only play this one. And IWD. Anyway, hope to see you when I will.
    GallowglassShandaxxCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,058
    Shandyr said:

However, I have noticed a certain well "elitism" here about Baldur's Gate. It certainly is one of my favorite games but sometimes I do wonder if every other game is really so much inferior to Baldur's Gate - the pinnacle of video games development since the beginning of computers - or if the glorification of Baldur's Gate might have something to do with subjective perception.

I think it has to do with both. The game is very good, but there's also something else; people here love this game. I haven't found a game as good as Baldur's Gate yet. Even if Ps:T had a much better story and is probably my favourite video game, it still isn't as good as BG (just a quick "hours spent in Ps:T vs hours spent in BG" and saying yet again that Ps:T's combat is very bad). I'd doubt there's a game better than BG and if there was, I doubt it'll fill the shoes of BG for all the fans on this forums.

So yeah, it's definitely both I think.
    (Sorry for off-topic.)
    ShandaxxGallowglass