Skip to content

Scroll of protection from acid bug?

LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
Scroll of protection from acid doesn't protect against the acid arrows generated by the mage spell Acid Arrow.

Scroll of protection from poison *does* protect against the poison generated by spells such as Cloud Kill.

For consistency, shouldn't the Scroll of protection from acid then also protect against the acid arrows generated by the mage spell Acid Arrow?

Consistency is not the only good reason: Having something advertise protection from *acid*, yet leave you defenseless against an arrow that is very clearly stated as being an *acid* arrow, simply makes very little sense.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    Where are you buying this protection from acid scroll?

There are two types of scrolls for protection from acid (at least in the BG series).

One that gives 50% protection from acid damage (not a mage scroll) and one that gives 100% (this is a mage scroll). Though even if you have 100% damage protection you maybe still get your spells stopped by the acid arrow.
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    I was thinking of green scrolls. I was not aware that there was more than one kind.

Can we agree that protection from acid should protect against, or reduce, damage caused by 'Acid Arrow'?

Can we agree that it makes no sense to have spells disrupted by something that ends up giving you zero damage?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    I've logged the bug internally. It only seems to apply to items that only provide partial protection.