Skip to content

Ruined Temple, unreachable statue eye

So, I'm pretty sure there is something in the eye. But I can't reach the stash due to dialog starting every time.
Is it a bug or smth?

OrlonKronsteen

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Complete the quest then go back and talk to the altar. The 'creature' will disappear and allow you to get to the container.
    DJKajuruOrlonKronsteen
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I's just the flaming trap, no?
    OrlonKronsteen
  • randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2017

Complete the quest then go back and talk to the altar. The 'creature' will disappear and allow you to get to the container.

I suppose I've completed the quest.
    I've killed the dragon and lightened the forest.
    The screenshot was made after it.
    Or wait, what altar I should talk to?
    lolien said:

I's just the flaming trap, no?

In that case I want my exp for disarming it! :)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    What usually works for me is detecting the trap, then leaving the area until the fog of war covers the statue. Once it does, you can no longer select it for dialog, but you CAN select the trap to disarm. Give the disarm command, and your Thief should walk over and disarm it without talking to it.
    lolienrandyhermitRaduziel
  • randyhermitrandyhermit Member Posts: 18

What usually works for me is detecting the trap, then leaving the area until the fog of war covers the statue.

I'll give it a try, thanks.
    lolien
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Wow, there's a trap and container there? All these years and I never noticed that. Amazing to still be discovering things.
    NightingaleBeetle
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    there used to be a diamond there, but ever since the EEs they took that diamond out for some reason though, although if you are playing the non EE version then you can collect it
    OrlonKronsteenThacoBelllolien
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    My EE still has the diamond. V.1.3.2064 iirc.
    OrlonKronsteen
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    I'm just glad I haven't been missing out on a +4 or 5 weapon all these years. :)
    ThacoBelllolien
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    If you highlight the container while being outside of the room, you should be able to click it and reach it regardless of the statue (might take a few seconds of "being stuck" stance)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

My EE still has the diamond. V.1.3.2064 iirc.

ah, I see, I think that the 1.4 or later versions took the diamond out, oh well, at least they still keep the hidden star sapphire in the windspear hills still
    profanitywarninglolien