Skip to content

ETA on fix for Seamon Havarian bug on iPad?

SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
Background: in version 1.3, while fixing an existing bug that caused Saemon Havarian to not spawn, Beamdog unintentionally created a completely different, (and far more pernicious), bug that caused Saemon Havarian to not spawn. I'm not hating on them; unintended behavior is unintended, this sort of thing happens.

Per @Gate70 in the thread detailing the bug, the possible solutions are:
1. CLUA Console.
2. Attach a save and let someone send you back a fixed version.
3. Update to 2.0, (aka "wait for a fix")
4. Reload a save from when you first got to Brynnlaw and replay
5. Take the portal and skip the Sauhagin City.

Given that I'm on the iPad, 1 and 2 are not possible. I do not use multiple save files per playthrough, which means 4 is impossible. 5 is technically possible, but given that this is the very first time I've ever rolled a monk, it's about as palatable as telling a Paladin to just not kill Firkraag. A chance to use the Gauntlets of Crushing for the very first time in my dozens of playthroughs was kind of the whole point of the run. Which leaves 3, ("wait for a fix"), as my only viable path.

Given that the bug was created in December of 2014, the cause was identified in January of 2015, the patch was deployed for the computer version in March of 2016, and now it's still February 2017 with no help in sight, I was hoping for a little guidance.

Is a patch being worked on for the iPad that will resolve this issue? If so, and with all respect to the fact that development times are tricky things to nail down ahead of time, would you say that the wait for this patch is best described as "weeks", "months", or "years"?

Thanks in advance!
_Luke_

Comments

• WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    More like never. Had to fix my own bugs via mods.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    I don't think the devs are gonna answer you..... What we know is that they're about to release (or at least to unveil) a brand new game, so they're now focusing on this new project.

I fear the wait for this patch is best described as "months"..... (Anyway, you'd better use multiple save files per playthrough in order to avoid such situations. In my opinion, this bug is much more annoying: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37859)

To sum up: let us hope this new game will be released "simultaneously" for desktop and tablet.....
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    edited February 2017
    Just hope it's not another game they release of mobile platforms to just cash grab and not release any updates. It's frustrating the hassle of changing versions via steam to sync games properly. They should of just did there job properly on the first place.

I'm pretty sure any future android releases from beamdog are pure cash grab and forget. They have 3 titles on android already forget about.

If beamdog fell into a barrel of tits they'll all come out sucking there own thumbs. That's how unreliable they are.