Skip to content

#11155 Saemon Havarian should appear next to the pirate ship after leaving the Vulgar Monkey Inn

1234568»

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    You'll need to zip/attach the entire folder (0000nnnn-savename) @Calisc as it's the gam file that is more important and without the full content I can't check it's worked.
    Thanks
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited December 2015
    Having just reached Brynnlaw again for the first time in a while I had to re-read a lot of this thread to remind myself what to do/not do.
    For the sake of everyone's sanity could there not just be a permanent note somewhere that just says "Brynnlaw - help Gynia, don't kill Chremy!" for everyone to see.

Edit: This problem is particularly troublesome for Evil parties, who will be inclined to do the exact opposite.
    Done @dunbar - added to first post of thread
  • CaliscCalisc Member Posts: 2
    ah right!
    I would do it myself but there's no console on the android version afaik.

thanks again mate!
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I think the main reason why this mini quest is flawed due to the relative locations of Chremy and Ginia.

Firstly, if you are arriving on the island for the first time your natural inclination is to explore the area, in which case you will inevitably bump into Chremy (and possibly kill him, depending on your alignment/mood) way before you meet Ginia (if you meet her at all, given that she's tucked away in a remote part of town).

Secondly, if you are urgently making a beeline for the Asylum the narrative takes you first to the Vulgar Monkey and then to the Festhall (during which time you can't help but pass Chremy on the way) where the courtesan basically tells you that the easiest way in is to kill Chremy for his medallion.

How difficult would it be to transpose the positions of Ginia and Chremy, thereby shoving her in your face and making him harder to find? Would this be easier than trying to fix the bug itself?
  • OCLCOCLC Member Posts: 3
    Gate70 said:

Here you go @ppettersson

Gate70 said:

Here you go @ppettersson

Does anybody know when this bug will be fixed, I'm playing on my iPhone and don't really want to miss this part of the game.
    I'm wondering if i there is a way to get my save file off of dropbox, to be able to get it onto this forum and fixed. If anybody knows how to do this that would be helpful. I have a mac as well. if that helps.
  • SrBeholderSrBeholder Member Posts: 6
    I'm playing on linux (steam), where can I find the save?
    I'm not able to open the console either. Is there other way?
    Try home -> .local -> share -> Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition which should contain both the save folder and the baldur.ini file which you can edit and add
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1'
  • SrBeholderSrBeholder Member Posts: 6
    Thanks! Works just fine! :D
  • EimerEimerEimerEimer Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2016
    Hey,
    I got the same problem on my iPhone. Attached you can find the savegame befor i talk to Saemon to get the quest vor the horn. Can you fix it please? Thanks :)
  • EimerEimerEimerEimer Member Posts: 2
    Gate70 said:

Try this @EimerEimer

Works fine. Thanks :)