Skip to content

#11155 Saemon Havarian should appear next to the pirate ship after leaving the Vulgar Monkey Inn

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    You should be able to get there via Windows Explorer (hold the Windows key down then press the E key).

On this screenshot I've zipped the save in slot 36.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    I think this is it...
    Thanks! So I just put this in the saves folder?:)
    It's all good! Looks like it's working fine now.:) My thanks again, Gate!
  • HetzauHetzau Member Posts: 2
    Hey there Gate! I think i've got the same problem, i killed Chremy and now Saemondoestn shop up. Please, please help me :-)
  • HetzauHetzau Member Posts: 2
    It worked, thank you very much for the quick help :-)
  • BusinessmanGRBusinessmanGR Member Posts: 2
    Hey! I'm on the same boat as you guys.

Fetch the Pirate Horn, but then no Saemon to be found anywhere.

Tried entering "C:SetGlobal("HelpGinia","GLOBAL",1)" on console, but nothing happened.

Last but not least, what procedure do you go through fixing everyone's savegames, Gate70?
    I appreciate you helping the community!
    Heh, you're almost on the boat now @BusinessmanGR

I download the save.
    Extract to my BGIIEE saves folder.
    Load the save.
    Look for Saemon (not that I don't trust anyone).
    Load the save again.
    Type into the console and press ENTER.

Make the new save.

Go check Saemon is there.
    Close the game.
    Rename the new save slot number from a high number to somewhere close to the downloaded one.
    Zip and attach the save.
  • BusinessmanGRBusinessmanGR Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2015
    Ok it worked, thank you very much!
  • songe420songe420 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there Gate70. Can you help me out, as well? I've been stuck on this for months!
  • songe420songe420 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so much! Based on the other comments, I am not worried that it will work. I just can't get it back onto my IPad. D'oh!
  • seabhacseabhac Member Posts: 1
    For anyone else on android - if you have a physical keyboard you can use you can issue the console command yourself.

You can open the .INI file in an app like text editor and add the line 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Then load your save, hit Ctrl enter and a text entry box should show up,

Type in the console command as Gate70 gave above I.e.
    C:SetGlobal("HelpGinia","GLOBAL",1)

And then you should see Saemon on the docks. Thanks Gate70 for the console command!
  • SaikouEmpressSaikouEmpress Member Posts: 2
    I'm sure all your suggestions work and all, but my game is on an i pad, alors no fancy zippings and console commands etc. Does this mean that I have to go in the Underdark? I can't find any other options unless they suddenly create a patch update in the next few hours. (pleasepleaseplease) Help me, forum. You're my only hope. -(tzp)
  • SaikouEmpressSaikouEmpress Member Posts: 2

I'm sure all your suggestions work and all, but my game is on an i pad, alors no fancy zippings and console commands etc. Does this mean that I have to go in the Underdark? I can't find any other options unless they suddenly create a patch update in the next few hours. (pleasepleaseplease) Help me, forum. You're my only hope. -(tzp)

"What's the quote for?"
  • BadAstroBadAstro Member Posts: 1
    Hi - I am having this issue on the iPad. I see SaikouEmpress has expressed the same concern. Any help for us who can't just use the console or easily supply save games?
  • NaugrinNaugrin Member Posts: 9
    Help me pretty please...I talked to saemon but haven't grabbed the horn yet.
  • NaugrinNaugrin Member Posts: 9
    Naugrin said:

Help me pretty please...I talked to saemon but haven't grabbed the horn yet.

I tried one of the zips you did for someone else i seem to be all set.
    Well here's your save in case you need it @Naugrin

(& options for iPad are restricted to taking the portal or waiting for a fix if you cannot use iFunbox or similar)
  • thisisBSthisisBS Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2015
    This is complete crap. When is this goddamn fix? Problem has existed for years and no fix. I want a refund or give me console commands so I can fix this myself since the programmers were so goddamn lazy to fix this
    edited October 2015
    The console command is shown a dozen or so posts up, repeated here.
    C:SetGlobal("HelpGinia","GLOBAL",1)

This issue took several months to track down and had more than one original cause after earlier patches. We now appear to be down to the last one. Please try not to cast disparaging remarks at the developers in future.
    Thanks
  • hardingmdhardingmd Member Posts: 1
    I've got this problem on my iPad. Even have a save right before I talk to Saemon and he teleports me out. So I've tried a range of things to get this to work. I talk to him in the inn, wait for him to leave, go to get the horn, have to kill the 3 pirates, get the horn...but never see Saemon again!

I've also seen people on here say they can fix it with the saved game. Firstly is there someone here who could do that? Secondly, how would I export a saved game from my iPad?
    Hi, once Chremy is dead the game tries to remove Ginia repeatedly even if she is already removed. This blocks Saemon from arriving. Most iPad users will not be able to access saves which leaves three options.
    - Go back to an earlier save if you have one and help Ginia / leave Chremy alive.
    - Take the portal.
    - Wait for a fix.
    Thanks
  • WolfhouseWolfhouse Member Posts: 4
    (Duplicate) Saemon Bug help for somebody who can't hack his way out of a paper bag-

I am playing this on an iPad and nothing I do makes Seymon appear at his ship. Could ANYBODY PLEASE guide me step by step on how to fix this? Please please please? I'll be your best friend. Hell, I'll send a twenty to the first person who can resolve this- and please remember, I've never even used one of these forums before, much less gone into an OS. I'm a reasonably clever guy...but this is just way way way outside my skill set.
    Follow up to the above, re: the Saemon bug. I didn't know I could leave my email address here...I can be reached at

Spamoubliette@comcast.net

Thanks again!!!!
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Duplicate posts are deprecated, @Wolfhouse, but I gave you a detailed reply in the other thread where you posted the same question.

Also, leaving your personal email address on an open forum is risky. Trawlerbots for spammers will quickly scoop it up.
    thanks; the address I gave is one that I only access via the server- it's the one I use for stuff like this. (spamoubliette is quite literal).

I will check the other thread as soon as I can- thanks again.
  • CaliscCalisc Member Posts: 2
    Hey Gate, could you please make Saemon spawn in this file?

Thanks in advance!