Skip to content

#11155 Saemon Havarian should appear next to the pirate ship after leaving the Vulgar Monkey Inn

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited January 2015
    Tagged (let's see Saemon talk his way out of this one)

This looks to happen when Chremy is dead but Ginia hasn't been offered any help. A console command as below will get things working again until a permanent solution is available.

C:SetGlobal("HelpGinia","GLOBAL",1)
    Thanks
    Post edited by Gate70 on
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Should probably be C:SetGlobal("HelpGinia","GLOBAL",1)
    Yep, good spot @hook71‌
    Have corrected it, I blame Saemon...
    Thanks
  • DPG006DPG006 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm having the same problem. How can I apply the fix? Thanks
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    DPG006 said:

Hi, I'm having the same problem. How can I apply the fix? Thanks

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization/p1
    After console enabled enter this
    Gate70 said:

C:SetGlobal("HelpGinia","GLOBAL",1)

• DPG006DPG006 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks alot. This was the first bug I encountered and I spent about 5 hours trying different things with going back to different saves.
    DPG006 said:

Thanks alot. This was the first bug I encountered and I spent about 5 hours trying different things with going back to different saves.

y'r welcome, enjoy the game.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @Gate70 The same thing has just happened to me in a new, patched 1.3 game. I have saves from before and after talking to Saemon in the Inn. Is there a 'right' way to play this encounter?
    dunbar said:

@Gate70 The same thing has just happened to me in a new, patched 1.3 game. I have saves from before and after talking to Saemon in the Inn. Is there a 'right' way to play this encounter?

According to this thread - NO :smiley:
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited January 2015
    So let me see if I've got this right. If you don't help Ginia when you arrive in Brynnlaw the first time you can't get off the Island (other than by going through the portal straight to the Underdark)? Because I didn't. I've now been through Spellhold, met Saemon at the inn, got the horn but no Saemon OR Ginia anywhere in sight.
    I think the issue only happens when Ginia isn't helped but Chremy is killed. If anyone is stuck and unable to use the console command specified please zip and attach a save.

Thanks
  • lepeckilepecki Member Posts: 2
    Hi, im having the same problem and cant get the console to work on android. Can you help? Below is the save file. Thanks a lot!!!!
  • lepeckilepecki Member Posts: 2
    It worked!!!! Thanks again!!!
  • HicaHica Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I would really appreciate help. Saemon drives me crazy now for 2 days. This save is right before I talk to him for the horn quest. I tried every single different thing to make him spawn at the docs afterwards, but it just doesn't happen...

I play it on android.

Best regards.
    & for those who can use the override, an update after feedback from @Avenger_teambg
  • HicaHica Member Posts: 2
    @Gate70 thank you alot mate for your help really appreciate it. It was driving me just crazy and I didn't wanted to miss out that part. Really great!
  • ArcLight1ArcLight1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm having the same problem as everyone else here, probably the most annoying bug I've seen playing BG2 and I've been playing since 2000. I'm using version 1.3.2064 and I've attached two saves, one before going inside the inn and one after speaking to Saemon, and I made sure he got out before I saved. Some help would be appreciated!
    Here you go @ArcLight1
  • tim_jatim_ja Member Posts: 4
    Hey, finally somewhere that looks like it can fix my problem. Can you help?
    Sorry here is my save file
    That looks like a BG:EE save @tim_ja ?
    Oh Damn, yep grabbed from the wrong baulders gate folder. Sorry for that waste of time. Here is the correct, not sure if you needed the save after or before saemon goes, so got both
    Yep, here you go :)
    Thanks so much mate, works perfectly!
    @Gate70 I got someone else's save back.
    OK let's try that again @ArcLight1
    Thanks! That fixed it.
  • zBladerunnerzBladerunner Member Posts: 5
    Hi all, sorry for bringing this up again. I am having this exact issue except on iPad, so I can't turn on Console commands and not sure how I can send over a Save File. I left the Inn after Saemon left and killed all the Pirates on the map, after I retrieved the horn. I have a Save right before I speak to Saemon at the Vulgar Monkey and restarting it over and over doesn't get him to spawn. I think I'm going crazy, can anyone help? Thank you so much!