Skip to content

#11155 Saemon Havarian should appear next to the pirate ship after leaving the Vulgar Monkey Inn

Comments

• lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    This can be another bug entirely but it's closely related. When I went to retrieve the horn from Cayia I looked in the table for the horn BEFORE the fight with the 3 pirates was over and it wasn't there. I killed the pirates, checked the three containers... no horn, meaning I had to reload because the horn simply didn't have the opportunity to generate. Small, but still a bug. Anyone else able to confirm this?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @zBladerunner without a save the only option would be to return to Spellhold and take the portal.

You should be able to get to your saves via something like iFunbox if you have a PC or Mac.
  • zBladerunnerzBladerunner Member Posts: 5
    OK I will investigate and report back with hopefully a save file. Thank you so much in advance. I've been playing this game since it came out and I have never ran into this bug (and I always go with Saemon), guess I was lucky. Since I downloaded 1.3, it shouldn't affect future saves if I do a new game right?
    It's not in the 1.3 patch so care still required at the moment. The easy way to avoid it is to help Ginia get off the island before going to Spellhold (at least I think that's the best option.
    Here is my save file, thank you so much. Yeah I think the problem was I ignored Ginia and killed Chremy doing the Save Claire from the brothel quest. I couldn't find Claire anywhere either after I completed the quest and just ended up fighting Perth to get into Spellhold...
    This worked! Thank you so much!
  • chezmattchezmatt Member Posts: 3
    @gate70 I hate to pile on, but I'm having the same problem. Can you help me out?
    thanks!
    Hi @chezmatt I need the gam file rather than the sav, or better still the entire 00000nnnn-name folder so I can check before returning it.
    Thanks
    @Gate70 Here it is. Thanks again!
    @GATE70 That worked perfectly. Thanks very much!
  • KidaKida Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same problem, v1.3.2064
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    I've got the same problem. I've just picked up the horn but Saemon is not at the docks. I've even tried sleeping in case he shows up the next day. The lass who's son tried to steal my money (Ginia is it?) isn't there either. Here's my saved game.
  • KidaKida Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the fix! @Gate70
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    I still can't see Gina, but Saemon is there, which is the most important issue. Thanks a lot for saving my playthrough!!
  • IndigoBanditIndigoBandit Member Posts: 2
    So sorry to be a pain... but me too.
  • CyoCyo Member Posts: 6
    I have this same problem. I'm a total computer ninny so I can't even find where my saved games are or where/how i might be able edit something to fix it. It's killing me. I played this when it was new and have really enjoyed going back through it. It's brutal to be stuck here. I've tried waiting for him to leave first, sleeping various days, killing the guards vs just taking the horn (gogo Sanctuary) and he's still never there.

If someone can point me to the "idiots guide" to finding saved games and such, I'll be happy to do what I can.

Oh, I have the most recent version. I just purchased/downloaded it about a week ago.
    Here you go @IndigoBandit

@Cyo assuming you have the pc version of the game and something like Windows 8.

Open Windows Explorer (Windows key and E shortcut)
    Find and select your documents folder then the game folder then the save folder (screenshot of mine attached).
    Find the save you are interested in and right-click the mouse while over it. e.g. 0000000001-quick-save
    Find the Send To > Compressed (zipped option)
    A compressed copy of that folder should be created at the bottom of the current folder.

On the forum post click "Attach a file"
    Then click "Choose File"
    Navigate to the location of your saves again.
    Scroll to the bottom and there should be a zipped file

If you have a different setup please advise of the details.
    Excellent instructions! If I can follow them they must be really good!

Here is my game after I've gotten the horn. I've got one saved right before I spoke to him to start the quest if that would be better.
    OK @Cyo you should download this and open it. Then extract to the same location. Good luck.
    You=rockstar!

Many thanks.
  • IndigoBanditIndigoBandit Member Posts: 2
    Amazing! Thanks!
  • TomakoTomako Member Posts: 30
    I'm also having this issue, although I let Saemon leave the inn before I did. Nor did the commands in this thread or other work, unless I need to reload a save or something the like. Didn't try that. The attached save takes place after I've taken the horn. Thanks in advance.
  • TomakoTomako Member Posts: 30
    Gate70 said:

Here you go @Tomako

I am thankful!
  • MoritzMoritz Member Posts: 7
    Same problem here: after Havarian left the inn he is nowhere to be found. Playing on Android and can't get the clua console to work to solve it that way.
    The save is right after i got the horn.