Skip to content

Being funny

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I may have had a few experiences where I felt like this, but they are far from the norm. I usually like levity, so long as it is not the only response I get. I can understand that some people would react differently to such things as this, but I think that being serious and somber all the time is usually something to be avoided. It is important in life to be happy. If you take a great many things seriously and are unable to look at the lighter side of any situation, you will likely not be a very happy person.

In most cases, I imagine that people who post something silly in response to something serious don't mean any harm; in fact, they may only be trying to cheer you up! I seriously doubt that anyone was ridiculing or making fun of you when they did this. It is probably healthiest for your psyche if you don't automatically assume the worst possible motivation behind such things. Pessimism will only make you unhappy in life.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    We all here have sensitive personalities. The difference is how much each user is more or less sensitive than another user.

Sometimes our moods match, sometimes they don't. It's normal.

It's normal not to like another user's comment. It's normal not to feel the same way. And it's normal to feel the joke is unneeded.

But we can't create a universal rule in this regard.

If something happens in a thread, the author of that thread can ask other users not to post certain things, - it's fine. The author of that thread can even ask moderators to move certain comments away, - it's fine. We have already done that in the past.

But still we can't forbid people to be funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.