Skip to content

So what IS Rasaad good for?

2»

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I've never thought about giving him the Mistake. I'll have to try that.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I forgot I did use the Big Machine suit in TOB for him and he was a juggernaut...I think that suit was made for him even before the devs knew why they made it before the EE NPCs
    mlneveseOrlonKronsteen
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Rasaad is very good at interrupting casters. If he is moving fast enough he doesn't even need darts. Just rush him to the enemy caster and punch all magic out of him.
    AerakarThacoBelltbone1
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    yeah he can sneak up to them too and with his MR very effective vs mages/clerics etc...
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    edited March 2017
    Zaghoul said:

I reckon Rassads LG alignment should drop if he kills a good ranger,asking for help vs evil gnolls, drow or not (if we were playin by the book)

Who's to say what's right or wrong these days, what with the internet?
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Being a annoying micromanagement Factor..

He does not benefit from Haste, though his walkspeed almost matches it , resulting in the problem that he will always run ahead then the party is not-hasted getting himself into trouble, and hes not really equipped to deal as a Pincushion.

but if you really want him to be useful i would say "As Scout" give the Speed Boots... let a mage slap invisibility on him and you will scout those maps faster than you can scroll them.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    In a playthrough I plan to do soon, I want to use Rasaad. I have this vision of my Paladin and him becoming the ultimate homies.

I had made a monk character before and enjoyed it (especially in BG2, good lord did he ever get powerful), but never really gave Rasaad the time of day.

The thing is, the speed boost monks get got pretty annoying for my monk charname after a while. I always found myself going into EEkeeper and getting rid of it every time he reached a certain level, because I didn't want him miles ahead of the rest of the party.

However, I recently came upon @subtledoctor 's mod called Might and Guile, and it's a lifesaver. It has an option that gives monks and barbarians the option to turn on and off their speed bonus, meaning Rasaad can now travel at the same speed of the party, but activate that crazy speed during battles. It's really nifty, and I look forward to taking advantage of it.

Now, I know modding the character doesn't really shine a light on what he's good for, but I thought I'd throw that out there for anyone who might be put off by a character being miles ahead of the party all the time.

Being as fast as he is, Rasaad (or any monk) can be really good at dealing with mages or other ranged foes by reaching them before they get the chance to do any significant damage. I imagine this might get particularly useful in the cloakwood mines area, when the blacktalon elites come at you with those arrows of ice. Or even moreso in BG2, when enemy wizards can really put a dent in your morale.

Also, in BG2, his quest leads you to Wilson. Having a bear in your party, in my opinion, is more than enough of a reason to keep Rasaad around. ;)
    ThacoBellbrunardoArctodus
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    A thought I just had: what spell level is Soul Sunray encoded as? If it's a 0 level spell as a bunch of other innates are, it's a way to deal certain damage through Minor Globe of Invulnerability, making it a pretty good mage interrupter.
    tbone1Arctodus
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Papa_Lou said:

However, I recently came upon @subtledoctor 's mod called Might and Guile, and it's a lifesaver. It has an option that gives monks and barbarians the option to turn on and off their speed bonus, meaning Rasaad can now travel at the same speed of the party, but activate that crazy speed during battles. It's really nifty, and I look forward to taking advantage of it.

I haven't used Might and Guile, but I do have a Barbarian in the works so I'm looking forward to Radnok and Rasaad racing from encounter to encounter, leaving the rest of the party to play catchup.

Yes, Radnok does have as much Bastard Sword spec as he's allowed to take, why do you ask?
  • VitharVithar Member Posts: 70
    I did try him few times and always do the same with him ,keeping him in the backlines and when the combat starts he is last to go in.
    If he goes in a line with the other frontliners he gets obliterated by Arrows most of the time ... also i have no clue what more can he contribute than the other companions.