Skip to content

best archer: fighter or ranger?

2»

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Quartz said:

Awong says this in contrast to, say, the Ranger kits. Who is seriously going to take a default Ranger when you can be a Stalker or Archer?

I did. :(

Seriously, the Archer looked awesome, but I wanted to be a melee Ranger.

The Stalker looked cool, but I rarely use backstab (if I ever play a Thief, I'll probably be a Swashbuckler) when playing so I didn't want to lose the ability of wearing heavy armor.

NOTE: I'm not saying that the base Ranger is better than Archers and Rangers (they aren't), but it suited my playstyle better.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    The kits can't multi class with cleric (which is a great multi class, even if you choose not to take Druid spells > Level 3), and I don't think you can dual from them un-modded
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Ranger armor debate... rangers can wear any armor, but they lose their ranger abilities if they wear any heavy armor. In BG it is only their stealth ability iirc.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I don't think the drawbacks of assassin or bounty hunter are significant, you just get you thief skills slower, but in the end you have a much more capable rogue.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Mungri said:

I don't think the drawbacks of assassin or bounty hunter are significant, you just get you thief skills slower, but in the end you have a much more capable rogue.

I agree, the main issue with kits is you can't multi-class or dual to them and dialling *from* the above doesn't really back sense
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Mungri said:

I used to be an adventurer just like you, but then I took 6 arrows to the balls.

this is even funnier when you realize that in Elder Scrolls games, this happens all the freaking time. It's like every bandit and his dog is aiming for your character's family jewels. Every time I get out of a fight with arrows, there are several arrows all over and then like ten in my character's crotch. Yeah, a little off topic but this reminded me of it.

• FeidhlimFeidhlim Member Posts: 10
    I recall having a well trained archer with boots of speed on is a fairly good way to clear a room in a hurry.