Skip to content

BG1 MONSTERS - What made a meal of you most? PART 2

2»

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Doppleganger but also Flaming Fist when moving between areas, lol
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    I know he is not technically a monster but Graywolf was tough. I wanted that sword. lol
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    edited November 2012
    Anduin said:

Try again. No Minsc, why did you just stop berserk mode now... Oh... no Minsc, you like Imoen and Dynhier, we will need to resurrect them now... Khalid come back here, stop running away... Aaagh, Jaheiria how the hell was you dropped by a Siren?

Invis/sneaking + backstabbing works well. They fall over like a pack of pretty cards.

Surprised people had so much difficulty with dopplegangers too. Granted, the merchant house battle was pretty tough, but you can clean out Candlekeep like a janitor.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Dopplegangers in Durlag's Tower were quite difficult for me to defeat with my 1st playthrough characters, especially in small rooms where they could prevent my escape and quickly surround me.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    GemHound said:

I don't know why so many people saw sirens as hard... Let me guess... They don't use vanilla?

I can confirm that for myself, I don't know about others. Were they that easy in vanilla? I only played unmodded, without SCS, once 5 years ago and have been Tutu+mods addicted since. In fact, as compatibility will probable not be immediately available on 28 nov, my first BGEE run will be my first vanilla-run in 5 years.

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    @reedmilfam, @miloch: because they're so though, my tactic is always to pause immediately at sight of kobolds and go all out for the commando's first: the melee fighters rush in to the commando's, the clerics cast command on them (luckily they have bad saves), the mages cast sleep and the thieves target the commando's first with missiles. Often they don't get off any arrows at all before they're dead and it's only mopping of regular kobolds.

Strange thing with kobolds, the SCS kobold guards with their poison daggers (Nome Stikka) should in principle be dangerous for causing poisoning, but they hardly ever do.
  • ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    Sirens are potentially easy once you get a helmet of charm protection. But those ghasts, man... the lowish saves you have in BG1 make them really annoying, I remember there were some particularly powerful ones in Durlag's Tower.
  • pablo200783pablo200783 Member Posts: 96
    Ghast hit too often low level character that should be tweak hold person is too good ghast kill quickly hold character.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    edited November 2012
    Siren's poison arrows were nasty, but the ankheg spit was so much worse! In this poll - battle horrors. They had such a high AC, when i was a noob i literally couldn't kill them.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    I've had more trouble with Ghast then Siren. Getting seemingly auto-hit when you get held is exceedingly deadly to low level characters.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Anduin said:

No need for charm protection... Waltz onto the lighthouse map and bam... My own party destroy me...
    Ouch.

reload...

Now I need charm protection, waltz in again... Kepow! I thought everyone had charm protection how did Imoen manage to take us all out? That is embarrassing.

reload...

Try again. No Minsc, why did you just stop berserk mode now... Oh... no Minsc, you like Imoen and Dynhier, we will need to resurrect them now... Khalid come back here, stop running away... Aaagh, Jaheiria how the hell was you dropped by a Siren?

Cue movie death scene third time...

Dopplebuddy, I couldn't agree more.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    The werewolves on the Isle of Balduran really gave me hell. They're tough, have you outnumbered and surrounded and can even curse your party with lycantropy. To me that cursed island is one of the most dreadful places in all the IE games.
  • FateAscendsFateAscends Member Posts: 63
    Davaeorn? Almost as easy as his snivelling apprentice. The damn BATTLE HORRORS he has if you can't disarm the traps in the hall before his bedroom are nuts! If you can't disarm those traps, or dispel those flame swords, lookout! Sirens? Didn't everyone grab the potion of clarity in candlekeep? :)
  • VaryahenVaryahen Member Posts: 224
    edited November 2012
    Sirens, of course: Invisibity, poisoned arrows and, of corse..their hellish mind control.
  • KulmKulm Member Posts: 19
    Lol... I only just realized I listed Battle Horror in both polls... >.< *face palm*
  • JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2012
    Those beezies made me explode one companion then cut down another...

*Always have charm protection
    *Panther Style...
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Vampiric wolf were my first and only thing that i didnt have prepared my self to. after i died to them hundred of times i realised i need more scouting and nothing were as hard after that.
  • ChiChi Member Posts: 4
    basilisks