Skip to content

What is YOUR Alignment?

Comments

• RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2012

Pretty much all the tests I've done put me at True Neutral. I think they're probably fairly accurate.

Awong124 said:

I've taken several tests/quizzes and I usually get True Neutral, and it's pretty much how I see myself.

Drugar said:

True Neutral, trying to be Lawful Good.

What makes a man turn neutral? Is it a lust for gold? For power?! Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality...
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Lawful good, and my friends always tease me about it.
    Good-heartedly, of course. It's all in good fun, yes.
  • NadroirNadroir Member Posts: 50
    I'd have to go with Neutral Good.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012
    I considered myself chaotic good until I became disillusioned with Baldur's Gate's alignment system since many of the 'good' people in the game do things that I consider evil. Since then, I consider myself neutral in the Baldur's Gate system, which translates to good in my own way of thinking.

So, I guess I would be either chaotic good or chaotic neutral depending on your perspective.

When I took the alignment quiz that someone on here posted a few weeks ago it said that my alignment was either neutral good or chaotic good.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited November 2012
    Por la Razón o la Fuerza
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited November 2012
    I've done good things
    I've done things some people would consider bad
    I consider myself as a person who follows the rules unless they are insanely stupid
    And sometimes pull ideas out of my hat.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    ARKdeEREH said:

I considered myself chaotic good until I became disillusioned with Baldur's Gate's alignment system since many of the 'good' people in the game do things that I consider evil. Since then, I consider myself neutral in the Baldur's Gate system, which translates to good in my own way of thinking.

So, I guess I would be either chaotic good or chaotic neutral depending on your perspective.

When I took the alignment quiz that someone on here posted a few weeks ago it said that my alignment was either neutral good or chaotic good.

'Good' aligned characters are actually worse killers than 'Neutrals'. Good aligned characters have a grudge with any other character of evil alignment, and will want to kill them even if they've done nothing else wrong (take for example Viconia with good aligned NPCs). Neutral NPCs dont care if another person is good or evil, however a Lawful Neutral will kill anyone without asking why if whoever they serve demand it, but they dont share a good aligned characters thirst to smite evil, and they dont have an innate desire to kill like evil characters do.

In terms of more peaceful personalities, True Neutral (non balance obsessed tree hugging Druids at least), and Chaotic Neutrals are the two alignments that generally dont care about harming others due to either personal desire or orders given by authority.

'Do onto others as you would like done to you', and 'People should be allowed to do whatever they like as long it doesnt harm others' are actually both Chaotic Neutral beliefs, but then again so are the weed smoking freedom hippies (or not, maybe they are chaotic good because they want freedom for other people in society too) :p

Also I believe that both Gandhi and Robin Hood are examples of Chaotic Good personalities, and I'm nothing like either of them. I wouldnt rob a rich man to give to the poor because the rich man has never done anything wrong to me, and I wouldnt organize mass protests for peoples freedoms and rights if it would land me in jail because that would go against my 'do what is best for me before others' personality (which is also another chaotic neutral belief).
  • ElofElof Member Posts: 42
    Neutral Good for me. It's how I play in the game and I tend to play myself rather than role play. I always think, for determining good alignment, that Viconia in the Government District is a good barometer.

Keldorn, Lawful Good, wants to see her burn because she's a drow and the law says that's evil, as most drow are.
    Minsc, Chaotic Good, wants to save her because she's a damsel in distress (who cares if she is drow!).
    Me, Neutral Good, save her because I know she is not an ordinary drow and that she is being punished without a fair reason.

I think that sums it up quite nicely.
  • YemethYemeth Member Posts: 36
    I'm gonna deep fry your dog and eat your momma's face. And I'm going to wear your little brother's skin like pajamas!
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Chaotic neutral. Don't do extremes.
  • phoenixclphoenixcl Member Posts: 31
    Chaotic Neutral.
    I generally believe in good over evil (neutral) but I'm far from a bleeding heart (non-good). I suit myself first and foremost and my decisions/relations with others are largely based on how well it suits me. I feel the alignment allows for the most leeway as far as morality and choices go. Not necessarily evil but not saving every darn kitten in a tree. In fact, laughing when some of them fall off the branches...
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Chaotic neutral-chaotic good. I think I flip flop. I believe in doing the right thing, rules be damned, just don't get caught. I also believe that you gotta do what you gotta do in order to survive, rules be damned. Sometimes, people get too caught up in comformity and stagnation... Then, its time to upset the milk :3
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Lawful Evil. Most people believe I am a right wing extremist for some unknown reason...:/
  • FishFish Member Posts: 38
    My character sheet has Lawful Good written on it but when the DM isn't paying attention, I slip in a little Lawful Evil.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    Chaotic good, 'cause evil people are attracted to authority ;)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Neutral Good.

My morals are to do good and what is right, but I don't always follow the law.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238

Neutral Good.

My morals are to do good and what is right, but I don't always follow the law.

This pretty much for me too. I try to do the best thing without thinking about breaking/following laws.

• sebassebas Member Posts: 56
    edited November 2012
    Let's see..

Lawful Good characters are racist, intolerant and, to a good degree, extremist nutcases.
    Anything chaotic is really just a person with ~6 Wisdom and seriously overwhelming cravings (for gardening, chocolate or human skin).
    Neural Evil are self-centered arrogant pricks who can't see further than the tip of their noses.
    Lawful Evils are serial killers.
    True neutrals are just silly, with their little notebooks filled with + and - : "Dear me Akadi, the forces of Good are ahead this morning - better kick that cat over there and even it out!"

Which really only leaves us with Neutral Good and Lawful Neutral.

And to be honest, I'm not all that sure in a world with guts spilled all-over the place, demons, dragons, necromancers and whatnot I'd be able to always keep honest to helping old lady witches cross a bridge.
    No, no - I think I'd much rather group up with 20 or so likely minded people, get a castle, form a guild and weave out some sort of immortality plan. And help defend villages. And plunder some old crypt.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    The Holy Test says CN... whatever gets me through the night.
  • WulfyWulfy Member Posts: 32
    Neutral Good. I'm a man of black and white values that look grey from a distance, so I tend to adhere to my own convictions solidly. As far as law goes, though, I'll use the law when it suits me, and play by it when it's easiest, but there's nothing inherently good about governments or the rules they make.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    I thought of myself as Chaotic Good, or even Chaotic Neutral, my whole life.
    But in the end, I had to face the truth.
    Turns out I've been Lawful Good all along.
    True story.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232

Lawful good, and my friends always tease me about it.
    Good-heartedly, of course. It's all in good fun, yes.

Always fun to tease lawful good people.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    "ohh, I am such a bad asssss evil"... Sorry, could'nt help it.

I guess people have different interpretations of the alignments. But in my book, anyone who honestly believe themselves on the evil side of the scale should seek psychological help.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546

I guess people have different interpretations of the alignments. But in my book, anyone who honestly believe themselves on the evil side of the scale should seek psychological help.

Psychology is bullshit... self-interest is not. :)
  • RheiosRheios Member Posts: 22
    edited November 2012
    The tests say I'm Lawful Neutral and I'd concur. I value traditions, feel most comfortable sticking to routine. Hate when my friends spring surprise changes on me. (Hate it when I do it to them even more, actually.) And believe a person should do things by their own consistent internal ruleset.

Neutral because, while I value other peoples lives I don't consider a stranger's existence paramount to my own, or my friends'.

Edit:
    It'd be interesting to lump this with some kind of separate moral/political/social philosophy and chart out how that falls in correlation to this one...

@ankheg
    There's a difference between being self-interested and self-serving. One is willing to at least entertain the concept of helping a stranger, albeit after deciding the personal cost was not outside his acceptable limit.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    I am a Neutral Good with a lean toward being Lawful. I try to do good deeds and obey the law but I'm willing to break the rules if I find good in it. This especially goes towards social laws as people say I'm unorthodox in contrast to the rest of society because I do things like collect pop cans off the streets and give sandwiches to outcasts as I find these to be good deeds to do.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    ankheg said:

Psychology is bullshit... self-interest is not. :)
    Haha, you bring a good point =)
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Hm. Has anyone noticed that the person who wrote that 1st Edition alignment test in the other thread wrote hilariously terrible alignment descriptions?

Lawful Good: These guys are stupid, narrow minded and holier than thou, they're all about goodness and stuff, and are jerks. Despite being all different, they're all the same, even though they can believe opposite things from one another.
    Neutral Good: You know who else was Neutral Good? Thomas Jefferson, the slave owning president who slept with the people he owned, stabbed his political rivals, and former friends, in the back for personal gain.
    Chaotic Good: These guys are all for humanity and are like, *so* deep. Because Chaos is all about the greater good or something and not the individual, despite saying the opposite on the page before the results.
    Lawful Neutral: These people are like computers, thinking in 1s and 0s. Also they believe in doing things for the good of society. Because neutral is all about doing good.
    True Neutral: These guys are the wisests, because they like evil and good equally! Also my conditions for determining Neutrality are +/- 7 in either direction, despite considering anything short of 20 "rather" strong in alignment and going up to 30+ in each! Neutrality on any axis is apparently more exclusive than any other alignment!
    Chaotic Neutral: Chaotic neutral people are all very different from one another, it's just they all behave the same way...
    Lawful Evil: These guys don't actually care about the law or anything, they just respect and obey the strong!
    Neutral Evil: These guys are just in it for the evilz, they just love doing evil stuff for the sake of it.
    Chaotic Evil: These guys are just misunderstood! Feel sorry for them because they're just so self destructive. Almost like a puppy on fire.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I am without a doubt, neutral good:

Neutral Good: These characters believe that a balance of forces is important, but that the concerns of law and chaos do not moderate
    the need for good. Since the universe is vast and contains many creatures striving for different goals, a determined pursuit of good will
    not upset the balance; it may even maintain it. If fostering good means supporting organised society, then that is what must be done.
    If good can only come about through the overthrow of existing social order, so be it. Social structure itself has no innate value to them.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    I may seem chaotic good, but I will do something unexpected and evil if it benefits me.