Skip to content

What is YOUR Alignment?

Comments

• JariahxSynnJariahxSynn Member Posts: 67
    I'm a good guy. Cant you tell by my shiny armor?
  • DelinphiusDelinphius Member Posts: 9

Gosh it's awfully lonely at the other end of the scale ...

That's because most evil people are smart enough not to call themselves evil silly. They call themselves Chaotic Good; that's why there's so many of those guys. They're the ones that we really need to be suspicious of...
    Darn, you saw straight through my plan. Guess it wasn't so intelligent after all.

• I used to think I was chaotic good, but now I am not so sure. I have taken the Wizards online alignment test, and it said CHAOTIC EVIL. I was initially like "Wut?" but this part of the description, in particular, seems true of me: "Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend." I am now hated?

I am pretty sure that if I took that same test when the original BG came out (at age 15) I would have landed somewhere among Good, possibly even neutral or lawful. Since then, I feel, I have lost my innocence and my naïveté, and have become sullen and bitter. So much so that I consider myself pretty misanthropic, and couldn't care less about random strangers, rules and regulations, anything political, and so on. People who know me would say "he hates almost everything." I can imagine myself killing someone if pushed into a corner. Still, I love my friends and would do anything for them. I also believe in not harming others - unless they have harmed you first. Basically I am indifferent to anyone I don't know, and I distrust and expect to be hurt or exploited by most, so I am always on my guard. Life turned out to be much more cruel than the intially (naïvely) good childhood Remorhaz could have anticipated, and I feel the old 'good' me is dead. Still, if an old lady falls flat on her face right before me, and no one else is rushing to help her first, I would.
    I now pretty much isolate myself in my home (where I also work), won't consider taking a new girlfriend, and play BG (my true love ;)) and drink beer. I don't want to hurt anyone; I just don't want to see anyone but my friends.

Oh, also I have this big black beard.

In light of this, do I still classify as evil? I truly don't know if becoming bitter and generally hateful makes you evil, or just.....sad, or something. Thoughts?

I don't know about evil, but True Neutral with Neutral Good moments on the other hand seems more fitting.

I don't really know which alignment i fit into, according to one person on a forum i am Neutral Good because i enjoy doing "good" for the sake of it but i do it for that reason very rarely, i mostly do it to make myself feel good and because it's paid off for me so far in life.

So in light of this, how can i be Neutral Good exclusively based on everything i put in my description of myself?
  • Mungri said:

Nuin said:

Chaotic Neutral (or my actions would lean towards it). Neutral because I'm definitely not altruistic nor am I a malicious person, Chaotic because I actually do have issues with traditions and (in principle) social structures (if you're confused, think about it - if the "Lawful" types are the defenders/protectors of the law, traditions and social structures, in principle at least, then the opposite must be...).

And no, I do not go out of my way to "justify" my alignment like confused people nor is there anything particularly random with the things I do (Why does everyone equate randomness with Chaotic Neutral? Crazy people are simply an example. It's like saying True Neutral people should act like animals and eat their poo because animals display True Neutral behavior).

Yea CN doesnt really mean 'random'. It just means having no personal desire towards either good or evil, no desire to either help or harm others, no desire to abide by any law, especially ones you disagree with, and putting your own happiness above everything else. Like CG, CNs live according to their own moral compass, but a CG would be driven to be kind and benevolent to others, while a CN wouldnt be bothered about that.
    So who would say: Everyone should be free to do whatever they want as long as they are ready to face the consequences of whatever they choose to pursue whether its "good" or "bad" a CN or CG or a NG? I figured that had CN written all over it because it says people should be allowed maximum freedom, i fail to understand how that would fit in with the NG alignment.
  • bbman1000 said:

I used to think I was chaotic good, but now I am not so sure. I have taken the Wizards online alignment test, and it said CHAOTIC EVIL. I was initially like "Wut?" but this part of the description, in particular, seems true of me: "Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend." I am now hated?

I am pretty sure that if I took that same test when the original BG came out (at age 15) I would have landed somewhere among Good, possibly even neutral or lawful. Since then, I feel, I have lost my innocence and my naïveté, and have become sullen and bitter. So much so that I consider myself pretty misanthropic, and couldn't care less about random strangers, rules and regulations, anything political, and so on. People who know me would say "he hates almost everything." I can imagine myself killing someone if pushed into a corner. Still, I love my friends and would do anything for them. I also believe in not harming others - unless they have harmed you first. Basically I am indifferent to anyone I don't know, and I distrust and expect to be hurt or exploited by most, so I am always on my guard. Life turned out to be much more cruel than the intially (naïvely) good childhood Remorhaz could have anticipated, and I feel the old 'good' me is dead. Still, if an old lady falls flat on her face right before me, and no one else is rushing to help her first, I would.
    I now pretty much isolate myself in my home (where I also work), won't consider taking a new girlfriend, and play BG (my true love ;)) and drink beer. I don't want to hurt anyone; I just don't want to see anyone but my friends.

Oh, also I have this big black beard.

In light of this, do I still classify as evil? I truly don't know if becoming bitter and generally hateful makes you evil, or just.....sad, or something. Thoughts?

I don't know about evil, but True Neutral with Neutral Good moments on the other hand seems more fitting.

I don't really know which alignment i fit into, according to one person on a forum i am Neutral Good because i enjoy doing "good" for the sake of it but i do it for that reason very rarely, i mostly do it to make myself feel good and because it's paid off for me so far in life.

So in light of this, how can i be Neutral Good exclusively based on everything i put in my description of myself?

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Neutral Good is known as the "Benefactor" alignment. A Neutral Good character is guided by his conscience and typically acts altruistically, without regard for or against Lawful precepts such as rules or tradition. A Neutral Good character has no problems with co-operating with lawful officials, but does not feel beholden to them. In the event that doing the right thing requires the bending or breaking of rules, they do not suffer the same inner conflict that a Lawful Good character would.

Yupp.. that's me.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Order and security are everything. The reign of a tyrant is preferable to that of anarchy.
  • PomPom Member Posts: 9
    I have been Chaotic Good every since I first started up BG1, and I always have been. I consider myself Chaotic Good in real life as well, which might not come off so Good to others ;-)
  • Both in real life and in game, I follow my own moral compass. I don't need laws or regulations to tell me about right and wrong... or do I?
    I sometimes stray from the path of good in game, usually by mistake, like when I got jumped by an assassin in Nashkel and my fireball slayed three innocent townspeople. Collateral damage you know. Since I never reload unless I die (hardcore roleplaying mode), I wiped out the whole population in sheer bloodlust and left Nashkel burning in my fiery wake. Took quite some time for me to achieve reconcilation through acts of goodness, and Minsc left the party.
    This make me chaotic neutral doesn't it? Or is alignment more about your intentions than your actual actions? I never intended to slaughter a whole village, but I didn't share any remorse until later. Thoughts on this?

I have been told that it is about how you feel most of the time as opposed to your actions, but to me it sounds like you shifted to Chaotic Neutral for that battle but then quickly shifted back to Chaotic Good with Neutral Tendencies.
    Well am i Chaotic Neutral? or True Neutral? or Neutral Good?

Read mine and tell me just off the top of your head.
  • joshykinsjoshykins Member Posts: 95
    Chaotic good! I like the feeling of being a do-gooder without being bound by the laws of higher powers.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    true neutral. the "it amused me" kind.
  • gdubbs66gdubbs66 Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2012
    I was Lawful Good as a child, then I became Neutral Good, and now I am Chaotic Good. I think the part that fits me the most in the description is this line: "Their actions are guided by their own moral compass that, although good, may not always be in perfect agreement with the rest of society." Though I know this puts into the danger of relativity, I have absolutely no qualms telling off a person when I think they are being "evil", which has gotten me into trouble in my job and personal life from time to time.

I think my change in alignment is due to never being a rebellious teenager and finally having it happen when I got into my 20s and so now it is permanent...so far...
  • BamBam Member Posts: 38
    I don't see myself as evil, but I have have...extreme values. And beliefs. I wont go into them. I still believe all things should be treated under the law, and would have no problem destroying a city of innocent people if the protected an enemy of mine.
  • sugachild87sugachild87 Member Posts: 5
    I hate it when people try to order me around. Still I try to do good, one way or another.

So Chaotic good
  • doppleganger95doppleganger95 Member Posts: 27
    I used to think I was evil, it seemed a lot cooler. Now that I have kids, I realize that I am not. I am in fact neutral good through and through. I'm not a rebel, but I am not going to blindly follow a rule/law/tradition that I don't think is just.

When I was in high school and played D&D on a regular basis I had no problems role playing evil characters. It was fun to not care about your actions. But, I really struggle playing that way now. I think it's because the "evil" option in the dialogue tree are all so over the top. Just because I am evil doesn't prevent me from saying nice things to your face.

I think lawful good people are just as bad as lawful evil people.

I think most people who claim to be true nuetral, aren't seeking balance, they just haven't fully figured out what they want to be when they grow up yet. (I'm not saying this as a personal attack to anyone who claims that alignment. I don't know anything about you. (By the way this is what I got when I took the alignment test because my answers end up all over the board.))

I enjoy parantheses.
  • MaconaMacona Member Posts: 70
    Chaotic Good.

I'm a good person but I'm extremely moody and weird.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm bringing this thread back from the dead :D

I feel like I'd probably be neutral good. Its not a perfect description from where I am but it'll do.
  • ADHDADHD Member Posts: 9
    hmmm, true neutral trying to be neutral good fit's me
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    elminster said:

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead :D

Be careful, Citizen.

Necromancy can cloud your Alignmograph™.
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    If I go by what I think and feel, I'm Neutral Good. However, my actions, which are what really count at the end of the day, are that of a True Neutral.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    I've done a superb alignment quiz and the result was Chaotic Good. Kind of the way I really think. I intend no harm to other people and wish to help but I seem to take an alternative way.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I've tried to do good, but sometimes I end up doing things that make me appear selfish
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I usually get Neutral Good and Chaotic Good results in the alignment test I take, but each time I happen upon the stupidity of this world the more I want to burn the world away.
  • AaronDemonciaAaronDemoncia Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I personally see the entire world excluding a small percentage of extremes as Lawful neutral or neutral good. Im a lot more on the 'There's a Sucker born every minute, and your right on time.' it lacks the fancy bells and whistles of neutral or chaotic evil, But I'm doing what I want without doing anything wrong. I think a lot more people are LE than they would like to admit ~.^
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    I am a man of balance and indifference.
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Life is more fun when you're not following anyone's rules, even your own.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I said lawful good the first time this poll was put up, but I keep drifting toward lawful neutral and even true neutrality. I'm lawful good when I'm my best self, but lots of the time, I just want the whole world to leave me alone so I can enjoy quiet reflection and solitude.

I'm always "lawful" in the sense that I have a very orderly mind, I get upset by spontaneity and disruptions in my routine, I want everybody to be respectful of authority and follow the rules, and I usually obey the law (except for minor speeding or other traffic infractions).
  • LephidilesLephidiles Member Posts: 20
    Lawfull Neutral / Lawful Evil bit of a mix i think but more neutral than evil
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Somewhere between Lawful Evil and True Neutral.
    Not a goody-two shoes. I can be pretty arrogant and selfish at times and I mostly don't care about ppl I don't hold close. But I follow the law and rules.
    Probably more TN than LE, but I usually play LE in these games mostly out of revolt that the devs usually prefer Stupid Good gameplays. So therefore my choice was...
  • Nitram_Vi_HermanniaNitram_Vi_Hermannia Member Posts: 64
    I don't give a crap about what other says to my illogical actions of hugging them and insulting them several times a day. I am happy that way.