The Power of Belief makes it possible for the Nameless One to become a Priest (while maintaining their Fighter, Mage and Thief levels). The newest version of this mod is available on GitHub.
This mod is being actively developed, and will be expanded as my free time permits. Currently, the mod consists of a few extra dialog lines that allow the Nameless One to become a Priest, specialization bonuses for reaching 7th or 12th level as a Priest, two new tattoos available only for a Priest-specialized Nameless One, and changes to a handful of Maces and Warhammers to make them usable by Priest Nameless Ones.
The Nameless One can gain access to the Priest class by speaking to Mourns-for-Trees after encountering them during Mebbeth's quest or by becoming a Disciple of Aoskar while talking to Aola. Should the Nameless One step off the path of faith, they can speak to either Mourns-for-Trees or Fall-from-Grace to resume progression in the Priest class.
The specialization bonuses are:
- 7th level: +1 Wisdom
- 12th level: +2 Wisdom, +1 Charisma, +10% Magic Resistance
The Priest specialiation tattoos, available from Fell, are:
- Tattoo of Belief: +1 Wisdom, +1 1st and 2nd priest spell slot. (Costs 3600 coppers; requires 7th level Priest Specialization.)
- Tattoo of the Hierophant: +3 Wisdom, Doubled 1st and 2nd level priest spells slots. (Costs 12000 coppers; requires 12th level Priest specialization.)
This mod is currently available in English, Russian (courtesy of Saigon1983), and Polish (courtesy of mstar).
I am currently working on the following features:
- New divine spells.
- New spell acquisition methods (including alignment, factions, and quests).
- New items for Priests, including The Nameless One and Fall-from-Grace.
Features listed above will be pushed to the live version when I am satisfied with stability and behavior. If you have ideas for future updates to this mod, please let me know in the comments.
I am aware of the following inconsistencies and do not believe there are ways to prevent them, as much of the class system in PSTEE is hardcoded.
- Whenever the Nameless One changes between Fighter and Priest (e.g. switching their first active class between these two), there is a slight pause as the game determines the previous active class' experience. During this pause, you will enter cutscene mode, hiding the UI and preventing player input. Control will be returned upon conclusion of the xp check.
- If you get the Priest specialization bonuses, the game will still tell you that you have received the specialization bonuses for other classes. These should all be automatically counteracted via scripting (and some text explaining that specialization bonuses have been negated), but the display might be slightly confusing.
Want to Help?
I am looking for BAM editors/artists
. If you are either of these and want to help with the development of this mod, please send me a private message.
If you encounter any bugs while using this mod, please let me know.
As with all of my mods, if you have any ideas, comments, or criticism, please do not hesitate to post in this thread.