Skip to content

5e Baldur's Gate characters?

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
Has somebody made 5e stats for the characters of BG and BG II?

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I don't think anyone has but I could do that if you want, any characters in particular or do you want all of them? And do you want a direct conversion of stats or made using 27 pt buy method?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    edited April 2017

I'd love to see a 5e version of my favorite characters Aerie, Minsc, Imoen, Jaheira, Viconia and the Villains Sarevok and Irenicus.
    Vallmyr said:

I don't think anyone has but I could do that if you want, any characters in particular or do you want all of them? And do you want a direct conversion of stats or made using 27 pt buy method?

Post edited by ShapiroKeatsDarkMage on
    I think a direct conversion would be the best method.
    Preferred Level? I'm sort of arbitrarily choosing 12 (making them now)

Also, with direct stat conversions they might be a bit on the overpowered side since stats scale differently of course.

Would you want them to have attribute bonuses (as they would at 4, 8, 12, etc) or just keep base attributes?
    edited May 2017
    I think Sarevok was definetely a level 10-12 character in the First BG. Keeping characters with base attributes is the fairest option.
    Vallmyr said:

Also, with direct stat conversions they might be a bit on the overpowered side since stats scale differently of course.

Would you want them to have attribute bonuses (as they would at 4, 8, 12, etc) or just keep base attributes?

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Converting stats alone isn't the problem, it's the archetypes that are standard now that would change things. For the Wizards, that's nothing, they already have their archetypes, and the Clerics would just snag a domain from their god of choice. Though you end up with someone like Minsc. What Conclave would he be? Beastmaster because of Boo, even though Boo seems more a familiar than an animal companion. Hunter for his more physical presence? It's something to be thought of.

The Multiclass characters wouldn't be too hard to change, for the most part, simply find the archetype that fits them the most. Tiax, for instance, would probably be a Trickery Domain Cleric, maybe with some Rogue levels, but not necessary.

Dual Classed characters are definitely easy. Imoen would be a Rogue/Wizard, probably Thief for the Rogue Archetype (more as a callback than anything.) The Wizard part would be hardest, because people probably customize her spell choice so much to their tastes.
    I'm done with the Aerie character sheet I think, I just made her a High Elf Nature Cleric/Abjurer.

Minsc I would prob make a Ranger/Barbarian multiclass, probably Beastmaster.

Imoen, Thief/Illusionist I think or Arcane Trickster/Illusionist.

Jaheira Druid of the Moon/Champion Fighter

Viconia a Trickery Cleric since no Darkness Domain yet.

Sarevok as a Battlemaster Fighter

Irenicus, unsure what mage specialization he would be.

Note, all wizards in 5e have to choose a specialization.
    Probably necromancy, since he seems to focus on souls and life energy.

Probably necromancy, since he seems to focus on souls and life energy.

I was thinking that, too. He also seems to like save or die spells if his battle with the cowled wizards is any indication.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I would argue that some characters should change classes entirely as a result of the 5e archetype system. For example, I would class Minsc as a totem warrior barbarian, and not as a ranger at all. Jaheira, meanwhile, might actually be best described as a nature domain cleric, since she's more of a physical warrior than 5e druids tend to be (without shapeshifting).
    edited August 2017
    Anything new yet? I might due a Sarevok myself.

Sarevok Anchev

Medium humanoid (human, bhallspawn) Chaotic Evil (may become Chaotic Good)

Armor Class: 20 (full plate and packing steel)

Hit points: 115

Speed: 30 ft.

Str: 18(+4), Dex: 17(+3), Cos: 18(+4), Int: 17(+3), Wis: 10(+0), Cha: 15(+2)

Saving throws: Str +8, Dex +7, Cos +8

Skills:History +7, Deception +3, Intimidation +6, Perception +3

Damage Resitances: damages from spells.

Senses: Passive Perception 13

Languages: Common and other two languages.

Challenge: 12 (8,400 XP)

Spell Resistance: Sarevok has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

ACTIONS

Multiattack: Sarevok makes two melee attacks.

Sword of Chaos +2. Melee weapon attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., One target. Hit: 12 (1d12+4+2) slashing damage plus 6(1d12) necrotic damage. The target's hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken, and Sarevok regains hit points equal to that amount. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.

Deathbringer Assault (recharge 5-6): Sarevok makes a melee attack charged with his Bhaalspawn energy adding 36 necrotic damage to the melee attack.
    What do you think?
    Hello?
    Sorry, been busy with life stuff, moving and all. I should really finish making these >_>

Here's the Aerie one.
    Vallmyr said:

Sorry, been busy with life stuff, moving and all. I should really finish making these >_>

Here's the Aerie one.

Very good!
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    Jarrakul said:

I would argue that some characters should change classes entirely as a result of the 5e archetype system. For example, I would class Minsc as a totem warrior barbarian, and not as a ranger at all. Jaheira, meanwhile, might actually be best described as a nature domain cleric, since she's more of a physical warrior than 5e druids tend to be (without shapeshifting).

I think it's intended to be a bit of a joke that Minsc became a ranger after too many knocks to the head and fate pairing him with Boo, otherwise he'd be a barbarian or berserker.

Jarrakul said:

I think it's intended to be a bit of a joke that Minsc became a ranger after too many knocks to the head and fate pairing him with Boo, otherwise he'd be a barbarian or berserker.
    Berserker Barbarian with a couple of levels in Ranger.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    I'd prefer 3.5e version...

Baldurfinder? XD
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426

Baldurfinder? XD
    What's that?

Baldurfinder? XD
    What's that?
    Baldur's Gate + Pathfinder.
    I could put together 3.5 ones later but I'm already slow doing the 5e ones >_>
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029

Frankly, I doubt it. Largely because this would only work if BG1 had originally had a barbarian class or a berserker kit (and the berserker isn't naturey enough for Minsc anyway). But it didn't, so the ranger was the best fit.
    How many levels a 5e version of Jon Irenicus would have?
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364

I think Sarevok was definetely a level 10-12 character in the First BG. Keeping characters with base attributes is the fairest option.

Vallmyr said:

I would swear Sarevok was a 15th level fighter in BG 1
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Actually I think he is a 15th level Sarevok according to game files.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    ThacoBell said:

Actually I think he is a 15th level Sarevok according to game files.

That would make sense. There wasnt support for such high level characters in the original BG 1, so perhaps they made a new, special class for him.

However in the EE edition there is support, iirc. Beamdog left it the same?
    L
    Vallmyr said:
    Int 10 and Wis 10. Lol they made him smarter.
    Ya know, my DM's pretty Rule of Cool, but I don't think even he'd let me get away with Favored Enemy: Evil