Skip to content

Chillout Zone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited November 2012 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    I tend to go walking in a nearby park to clear my mind, think about things, and try to get healthier. Its getting cold here and darker earlier in the Midwest tho... ah to live in San Francisco where I could do this year round. I'm gonna have to resort to my stationary bike or mall walking soon enough.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited November 2012
    Sport is the only way I get rid of my aggressions and after that i relax to meditational music and try to focus on what i have went trough and that nothing has ever kept me down long enough to surrender myself. So the future cant be worse then previous experiences...
    When i have a realy bad time i dont live somewhere else in my mind or try to ignore it. it´s intensity is as important for your personality as the good times imo.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited November 2012
    This songs helps me RISE when I'm down for various reasons (often because of myself):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9bakJLAevo&feature=related
    About other generaly things that relaxes me... Talking with friends, listening to music (generaly), doing my hobbies, watching DBZ abridged or other anime-related parodies/movies on YouTube. Eating is also way of relaxing, althought I shouldn't doing that just in order to chillout. Formerly, I also zen-meditated, but that was years ago.

Oh, I have nearly forgotten. Playing video games!

EDIT: Spelling mistakes. I hate my English.
    Post edited by O_Bruce on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited November 2012
    1) Bad things are more intense to me. I enjoy my good times for sure but they "fly" away. But when it hits you hard, it hurts and it takes much longer to get rid of it... they just crawl in slow motion at times.

2:definately, it´s like learning. When you only know one side of the story how can you get the big picture or a balanced view?.

And i think activities are the best thing you can do when you live is not what it should be. Friends and a strong family can make a huge difference.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    You're welcome! :) I have loved Simon's Cat forever. And he is so much like a real cat...

Another one to make you laugh. Reminds me of what's under my bed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYlD0KXujAk
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I found myself to be more sad than happy in real life, until I realized that I was one of the few lucky ones out there who at least gets a decent life. It made me realize that I should be embracing all things beautiful and shove aside anything ugly. While it won't stop a problem, it certainly eases you off.

So what do I do? I smile at the challenge, and if I feel down, I laugh at it. Believe it or not it works well for me.

It also helps me to have my "Alter ego" of sorts inside me. I'm normally much of a closed person, don't talk to strangers... yet talking helps... on videos. You can't believe how much Let's Playing helped me in the last 10 months. It's awesome to vent some anger and feel like talking to someone, even if you get few views like I do. But if I can entertain, that's the best thing ever, that's what I say! :)

It's refreshing to read what other people do to keep them at peace with their minds. Very nice argument to talk about :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November 2012
    Music, chores, talking with friends, or a non-stressful video game (aka, not online first-person shooters). I'm a bit weird I find some stuff relaxing that others would find really grating.

Like most of my music is heavy stuff such as Korn, Slipknot, Linkin Park.
    That said I do have some more relaxing music as well, like Deadmau5, Owl City, Daft Punk, Gorillaz.
    Kind of completely obsessed with Korn at the moment though. I love 85% of the stuff they've done and they have 10 albums, that's a LOT of material. Also, as an aspiring musician, they 1. are super innovative while still remaining catchy (HOW?), and 2. my singing voice has similarities to their vocalist, our scream is practically the same it's kind of crazy.
    Oh and for people posting video game music; Sonic the Hedgehog has had awesome music every game. Even the games where the gameplay sucked, the music was still beast.

As far as non-stressful video games, I'm talking Baldur's Gate (game is easy now), Minecraft, Fable, that sort of thing.
  • GriegGrieg Member Posts: 507
    Is here really chillout without Bobbay McFerrin & Bob Marley? It should be changed immediately:]

And if you want to change your mood there is nothing better than this song:
    Don't worry be happy:]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

& some examples of great music of Bob Marley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5FCdx7Dn0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBWFofJSm-c

@LadyRhian You have forgotten about some amazing discovery-ads :]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7uGv4EEtlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpHiucPptE

"Everything what you need in the summer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0TUoDqkR3w

Sorry that last one is in Polish but you know words are not so important here although here is translation:
    Voice in the radio: In the Poland there is another unusual heat wave, people on the street are looking for slightest waft and slightest invigoration, situation became ubearable and if weather doesn't change, we all will have to leave our workplaces
    Discovery everything what you need in the summer.:]
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Anger has been my demon all throughout my life, and I've no healthy way of handling it. This is why I try to avoid drama online, because I'll just lose it T_T

To cool off, I try to channel my anger into writing... Otherwise, I will play Minecraft or Mass Effect 3 multiplayer :)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    They sell white noise generators that have the same effect. I used to have one with three settings: Tropical rain, Thundering surf and Night train (the sound of a train going over tracks). It would put me to sleep in bare minutes. As anyone who has been to the shore on vacation knows, being able to hear the surf is very relaxing at night.
    I don't usually listen to music to relax myself although I know that some songs do relax me, or more specifically, some soundtracks. One comes to my mind right away though :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnAFZVIHKbQ

While I usually don't like sitting in a game menu for too long, I can easily wait 2 minutes and a half for this song :p (although there are many more from Anno 2070's soundtrack which relax me, "What a glorious view" being another one)
    @Shandyr : it certainly helps against some of the disadvantages for Ecos :
    *places down facotry*
    Yana Rodriguez : "IMPROVE THE ECOBALANCE YOU FOOL!"
    -5 influence
    *places down 5 squares of green boulevard*
    Yana Rodriguez : "AAAAH, best friend forever! :D "
    +30 influence

XD
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited November 2012
    Well, I'm pretty much miserable since..ever; I don't think it shows over the interwebs. Music is okay; I do remember, occasionally, about OutKast, Illmatic, mostly old stuff. But I have to say I'm passed it. Even drugs bore me.. I find most music to be trivial and rarely good. Lately I'm liking the ladies like Paloma Faith, Janelle Monae, Dessa, Zee Avi, and some other stuff I like to call good music, like Ennio Morricone. I do enjoy the films, dramas mostly and old westerns; we're lucky to have people like Johnny Depp and Denzel to do it with a passion. Many great TV Series currently running; like Boardwalk Empire and Homeland. About video games, I don't play them that much anymore; I had migraines,almost daily, for about 18 months. I was going to run Torment and write an in-depth review, but I keep getting bluescreens, can't even talk to Morte. By far, the greatest high I get comes from Lady Sophia.

"Of all men they alone are at leisure who take time for philosophy, they alone really live; for they are not content to be good guardians of their own lifetime only. They annex ever age to their own; all the years that have gone ore them are an addition to their store. Unless we are most ungrateful, all those men, glorious fashioners of holy thoughts, were born for us; for us they have prepared a way of life. By other men's labours we are led to the sight of things most beautiful that have been wrested from darkness and brought into light; from no age are we shut out, we have access to all ages, and if it is our wish, by greatness of mind, to pass beyond the narrow limits of human weakness, there is a great stretch of time through which we may roam. We may argue with Socrates, we may doubt with Carneades, find peace with Epicurus, overcome human nature with the Stoics, exceed it with the Cynics. Since Nature allows us to enter into fellowship with every age, why should we not turn from this paltry and fleeting span of time and surrender ourselves with all our soul to the past, which is boundless, which is eternal, which we share with our betters?

No one of these will force you to die, but all will teach you how to die; no one of these will wear out your years, but each will add his own years to yours; conversations with no one of these will bring you peril, the friendship of none will endanger your life, the courting of none will tax your purse. From them you will take whatever you wish; it will be no fault of theirs if you do not draw the utmost that you can desire.

We are wont to say that it was not in our power to choose the parents who fell to our lot, that they have been given to men by chance; yet we may be the sons of whomsoever we will. Households there are of noblest intellects; choose the one into which you wish to be adopted; you will inherit not merely their name, but even their property, which there will be no need to guard in a mean or avaricious spirit; the more persons you share it with, the greater it will become.

Something August
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV0wPBYDQ6Y

Forgot to mention sweet, delicious, ambrosial pasta!
    Post edited by Zafiro on
    Before I forget: http://www.rainymood.com/

This site helps me big time when i get panic attacks.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    I'm actually an inherently gloomy, depressive individual (shock), but maintaining the appropriate detachment from life makes things a lot easier to swallow when things get hectic.

When things get really bad, I generally just sulk and complain to my spouse, who makes vaguely sympathetic noises (surprisingly effective), or play some mindless games on Kongregate or one of the other flash sites until I find my centre again.

Of course lately I just stare at my son. Even if he's been an absolute pain in the neck for six hours on end, it still makes me happy when I see him crack his gummy little smile. If he'd just let me sleep more...
    @Shandyr, when things get crazy, I find it helps me close my eyes and create an oasis amidst the chaos. You're welcome... I am happy to help :)
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    When I need to calm myself down, I listen to music, read funny comics, and draw really derpy doodles.
    Shandyr said:

@LadyEibhilinRhett

I do not know what "derpy doodles" are. Could you show me?
    Maybe upload one or two?

I second this.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    edited November 2012
    Um, basically, they're doodles that are done really fast without much effort to make them look nice or anything. Just silly and goofy and often with, well...derpfaces. They also don't make any sense about half of the time. Here. I found some.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012