2»

Comments

• MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Those pics cured my space cancer <3
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @Shandyr
    Yes, that is most definitely Ghetsis.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @MedullaOblongata: Totally off-topic and hope it doesn't offend you: Everytime I see your avatar, I imagine it's Barack Obama making a 'FUUUUUUUUUU~!!!' face. It really cracks me up. XD
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434

@MedullaOblongata: Totally off-topic and hope it doesn't offend you: Everytime I see your avatar, I imagine it's Barack Obama making a 'FUUUUUUUUUU~!!!' face. It really cracks me up. XD

Haha, I was just taken by the absurd expression and eyes going in different directions. I couldn't help but to use it x3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2012
    Those of you who have known me for awhile know me for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFDa9efCQU

Now, I've just discovered this delightful man, who does classical music facial expressions in a way that makes me happy better than any antidepressant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi05p7CXPIM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vXQwZ8XFzo

This French-speaking guy's videos give me a reminder of why I decided to try to make my living as a music teacher, all those years ago, despite how I might regret it now. Pure, unbridled joy. He made me laugh so hard I cried, and got side cramps! I laughed so hard my voice went into the falsetto range, and I was struggling to breathe, and nothing has made me laugh so hard or been so healingly therapeutic to me since I can remember.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited December 2012
    @belgarathmth, this is what you reminded me of:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBYM6g8Tck
    This was before I watched the guy with the facial expressions..
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2012
    @Zafiro, omg, thank you so much for reminding me of that! ROFLMAO! I used to dance in my gay club, doing the Macarena, during the brief window when it was actually cool, and, I especially exaggerated my movements during the hip-thrusting parts.

Anyone and everyone outside that brief window would find it gross, but hey, I got quite a few, shall we say, "nights with interested parties", during that little window of coolness for this.

ROFLMAO! Thank you so much for another reminder of the joy of being a young gay man during the late 1990's!

EDIT: Ten minutes later: still chair-dancing to the Macarena. What awesome memories!
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2012
    How I "chill out" depends on what happened to influence my wanting to "chill out" in the first place.

Unpleasant/shit day? I honestly find that the tried-and-true "Beer and music" combination works quite well. It's very easy to tweak this in proportion to the degree of day I've had.

If it's something more complex than above, something that is more severe and/or (likely and) has been going on longer than a day or two, I abstain from alcohol and often music. I have always been drawn to water somehow, and I am fascinated and entranced by it. The calmness, how it acts to the wind. How it is completely still when there is none. A clear, reflective pond in Autumn with different shades of leaves on the bottom is something beautiful to a degree that I lack the vocabulary with which to give justice/adequate description.

Cool enough to comfortably wear a hooded sweatshirt, I sit with my back to a smooth rock, staring into the pond, unaware and even uncaring as time passes, because for me, it's still. As I relax and rest my eyes on the pond, I feel much more clear and am able to think about my problems by not thinking about anything at all. I stand up and leave only when something natural happens that I rarely do: Smile.

Beyond that, I just do not know what else to say. That's the effect select bodies of water have on me, and in lieu of them, any body of water that is not visibly polluted or murky helps me alot.
    Post edited by Anduine on
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    La mia lingua italiana is not very good, but I got a pretty picture from this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPKFXW3KK64
    Gode il blu!
  • ImperatorImperator Member Posts: 154
    I usually listen to some melancholic melodic music when I need to get out of my head. Sentenced, Rapture, Swallow the Sun, My Dying Bride, God is an Astronaut... Somehow it helps to get that wistful feeling going, get things in perspective.
    Sauna is also a great way to just be, let the heat warm your bones and mind drift away. Luckily I have my a sauna in my apartment, so I can go whenever I feel like it.