Skip to content

PST:EE Is Incredibly Slow on Galaxy Tab S2

DayntheBoldDayntheBold Member Posts: 5
edited May 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hi folks. I'm running this on one of the refreshed Tab S2's released last year. For some reason, this game moves like slugs through molasses. I've closed all other apps, restarted the game, nothing. I tried changing the framerate slider. I checked the Android system requirements and all it says is Android 4.0 and 2 GB of RAM. Is there something I missed?

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @DayntheBold, just to let you know there shouldn't be anything wrong with your specs. I run the game with no probs on Galaxy Tab S (OS v6.0.1, CPU = Exynos).

Do you run your Tab with Powersaving measures turned on or something that may limit the processor? I am guessing that other games perform well?
  • DayntheBoldDayntheBold Member Posts: 5
    I run FPS games like Dead Trigger and N.O.V.A., and FF IX, etc. without problems. Just this one is giving me fits. It speeds up if I zoom in but then I lose track of where I am and where I'm going. As far as I know I'm not running any powersaving stuff.
    G'day @DayntheBold, had a play with the configuration setting in the game and yes, I see what you mean about slow... It occurred when I zoomed out. Not sure why, but I can imagine it may be because of distance travelled over a set period of time. I also have the game on PC and found that when I zoomed out on the PC, it also slowed TNO down but the animation was not as dramatic.

I did some rough time measurements and found that it took the TNO about the same time to move from point A to point B using the different zooms...

Gus
  • DayntheBoldDayntheBold Member Posts: 5
    I have a theory it has to do with resolutions. Doesn't this game scale automatically to your resolution on mobile? 2048x1536 might be a bit much for an ARM processor after all.
    True, have to wait and see what happens with the next patch. That said, I am quite happy running the game at the zoom level I do. Great game! Never played the original.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Did you try Samsung's game tuning software? It solved some problems I had with other games.