Skip to content

Does Beamdog have plans for any new, original intellectual property?

Ahoy, mateys!

Does Beamdog have plans for any new, original intellectual property in the near (or distant) future? Or perhaps a sequel to one of the EE franchises? I personally would love a BG3 or a PST2. Would it be a realistic prospect to think of trying to get the rights from Atari (or from whomever is holding them right now) to make a sequel, and then perhaps fund it through kickstarter or something alike?

P.S. I'm using the word "sequel" very loosely here as a game series with solid closure in the plot makes it really difficult for any continuation, so I guess the word "spin-off" would be more accurate, in some cases atleast.

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited May 2017
    Last year, after bringing David Gaider on board, Beamdog hired narrative designers for "an upcoming (and currently unannounced) CRPG in the Dungeons & Dragons universe". (EDIT: the job listing is no longer on Beamdog's website, so I can't link to it)

Atari is no longer in the picture. Wizards of the Coast holds the rights now. They do not want Kickstarter-funded D&D projects.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/19626/beamdog-what-about-a-crowdfunding-on-kickstarter
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on