Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Celestial Fury enchantment

Is it possible to enchant Celestial Fury in order to upgrade it (+3 -> +4), so that we can use it in ToB against big bad bosses? I read somewhere it is possible to do something like that now thanks to the new patch.

Comments

  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 6,371
    Ixil's Spike actually inflicts sleep, nor stun, so far more enemies are immune. But even critters immune to sleep still take extra damage from getting "pinned."
    JuliusBorisovQuartzSomeSortAerakar
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 1,440
    The Ravager is another enemy that can only be hit by +4 weapons and above. And unlike the enemies listed above, the Ravager is NOT optional.
    elminster
  • HalcyonHalcyon Member Posts: 14
    You can it from +3 to +5 with Weimer's Item Upgrade mod (along with a few dozen other items), which you can find here:

    http://www.weidu.org/item.html

    They're a bit on the OP side, but if you're looking to upgrade CF anyway that doesn't sound like much of an issue for you xD
    semiticgod
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,048
    The upgraded CF from that mod isn't actually all that amazing, it's practically the same just +5 with some very minor changes.

    There are some other items that very much ARE overpowered, though :P
    Aerakarsemiticgod
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 1,855
    Halcyon said:

    You can it from +3 to +5 with Weimer's Item Upgrade mod (along with a few dozen other items), which you can find here:

    http://www.weidu.org/item.html

    They're a bit on the OP side, but if you're looking to upgrade CF anyway that doesn't sound like much of an issue for you xD

    The latest release (which is fully EE compatible) can be found here: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/Item_Upgrade/releases/latest
    AndreaColombo
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,003
    edited June 18
    SomeSort said:

    It's not. There are mods that allow for that (e.g. Item Upgrade) but not the stock game.

    Also, enchantment levels are a bit overrated. There are VERY few enemies that require +4 or higher, and those are usually immune to stun anyway so Celestial Fury isn't all that great against them to begin with.

    Very much this.

    Enemies who can't be hit by Celestial Fury are the two demiliches, one of the guys from the final seal of Watcher's Keep, the Demon Lord in the underdark (who no one actually fights), the Devil Shade from the deck of many things (who no one actually fights), and I think the Mariliths who come with Demogorgon (but not Demogorgon himself). Probably a couple others I'm forgetting, but this should be more or less it.

    The reason Celestial Fury starts lagging in ToB isn't because there are a half-dozen enemies it can't hit, it's because even the random low-level mooks start regularly making their save. Even with that, you get so many attacks per round that the stun will still trigger fine and Celestial Fury will remain an end-game viable weapon, albeit not quite the ubercheese it is during SoA.

    (If you really like the stun effect, Ixil's Spike spear is +6, so it can hit everything, and it also stuns on a failed save. But since its stun lasts for three rounds instead of one like Celestial Fury's, it's a lot easier to chain those stuns together before they wear off.)
    those mariliths cast protection from magical weapons on themselves that's why they may seem to be immune to +3 weapons, from what I see, if you can dispel their weapon protections you only need +2 weapons or better to damage them

    EDIT: oh, and also the werewolf woman person in umar hills can only be hit by +5 weapons if im not mistaken, but to be perfectly honest she really isn't worth killing, even if your a power gamer, and that's coming from a power gamer extraordinaire
    AerakarsemiticgodSomeSort
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,704
    sarevok57 said:

    oh, and also the werewolf woman person in umar hills can only be hit by +5 weapons if im not mistaken, but to be perfectly honest she really isn't worth killing, even if your a power gamer, and that's coming from a power gamer extraordinaire

    "power gamer extraordinaire" really sums up @sarevok57.
    sarevok57ThacoBellAerakar
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 3,003
    Quartz said:

    sarevok57 said:

    oh, and also the werewolf woman person in umar hills can only be hit by +5 weapons if im not mistaken, but to be perfectly honest she really isn't worth killing, even if your a power gamer, and that's coming from a power gamer extraordinaire

    "power gamer extraordinaire" really sums up @sarevok57.
    hahahhaha indeed it does :)

Sign In or Register to comment.